PSOC4 CY8C4013LQI-411 PMW to generate 125khz

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
phongnguyen186
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Dear engineers, 

I have one customer using STM8 to make 125khz communication circuit.

As he is using timer pin of STM8 MCU to generate 125khz signal, by this way he do not need 125khz NFC IC .

I have promote him CY8C4013LQI-411 for replacement. I see pin 5 of PSOC4 is PWM output

can CY8C4013LQI-411 support the same case with STM8 MCU

and may you give me example code for this case, i will give it to my customer.

Thank you and best regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @phongnguyen186 

CY8C4013LQI-411 can be used to generate a PWM signal of 125kHz.

We do not have a code example showing exactly the same thing but we do have a code example on PWM that demonstrates how to use PSoC 4 TCPWM Component configured in PWM mode to control LED brightness.

To download the project in PSoC Creator got to Find > Code example, select the device as PSoC 4000 and search using the PWM keyword. You can then download the code example and click on create project.

Ekta_0-1634640529462.png

The 125 kHz signal can be generated using a proper clock source and choosing an appropriate period value for the PWM.

Best Regards
Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @phongnguyen186 

CY8C4013LQI-411 can be used to generate a PWM signal of 125kHz.

We do not have a code example showing exactly the same thing but we do have a code example on PWM that demonstrates how to use PSoC 4 TCPWM Component configured in PWM mode to control LED brightness.

To download the project in PSoC Creator got to Find > Code example, select the device as PSoC 4000 and search using the PWM keyword. You can then download the code example and click on create project.

Ekta_0-1634640529462.png

The 125 kHz signal can be generated using a proper clock source and choosing an appropriate period value for the PWM.

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes
phongnguyen186
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Dear Ekta

Thank you for your information.

I will try and inform my customer

Best regards with great respect

Phong Nguyen