PSOC4 BLE Cannot connect

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BhSr_4843381
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

I could not able to connect to CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A without cysmart app.

Is there any way to connect to CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A without cysmart app?

I am designing my own GUI and connect to PSOC4 BLE using Bluetooth communication.

0 Likes
1 Solution
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Sreenivas,

Unlike normal Bluetooth devices which connect directly to mobile, PSoC 4 BLE supports only BLE but not Bluetooth. So we recommend you to use CySmart mobile application or similar applications einstead of connecting directly for better performance unless you are using HID profile. Please let us know more about your application, BLE profile and the device that you are using.

I am designing my own GUI and connect to PSOC4 BLE using Bluetooth communication.

Since you re using your own GUI, we recommend you to refer source code of CySmart app and design your own application.

Thanks and regards

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Are you referring to windows Cysmart app or mobile Cysmart app ?

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
BhSr_4843381
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

I was referring to Mobile CySmart app.

Regards,

B. Sreenivas

0 Likes
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Sreenivas,

Unlike normal Bluetooth devices which connect directly to mobile, PSoC 4 BLE supports only BLE but not Bluetooth. So we recommend you to use CySmart mobile application or similar applications einstead of connecting directly for better performance unless you are using HID profile. Please let us know more about your application, BLE profile and the device that you are using.

Since you re using your own GUI, we recommend you to refer source code of CySmart app and design your own application.

Thanks and regards

Ganesh

0 Likes

Thanks, I will do that 

0 Likes