PSOC 4 Bootloader Command Timing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiDu_3979751
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hi all,

I am implementing an embedded bootloader host application to program a CY8C4247LTI-L475. In the bootloader configuration for the PSoC, I am using the bootloader schematic component with the SPI communication module. I have seen the app notes with I2C and UART implementations.

I have seen the packet protocol in the documentation which is great, but I have not seen anything about timing requirements for the various commands. At this point, I am unsure how load to what before getting the response from the PSoC. Does anyone know the approximate timing each command takes to execute or having experience implementing an embedded host using SPI?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

We have a referene example for SPI based Embedded Bootloader Host available as part of AN84401. You can refer to the SPI_Bootloader_Host project implementation which uses PSoC 5LP to bootload PSoC 3 over SPI based bootloader command / response packets. Cypress provides host side API module as part of PSoC Creator installation directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.2\PSoC Creator\cybootloaderutils.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

We have a referene example for SPI based Embedded Bootloader Host available as part of AN84401. You can refer to the SPI_Bootloader_Host project implementation which uses PSoC 5LP to bootload PSoC 3 over SPI based bootloader command / response packets. Cypress provides host side API module as part of PSoC Creator installation directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.2\PSoC Creator\cybootloaderutils.

0 Likes