PROC CYBLE 022001-00 RF CHARACTERIZATION

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

I was wondering whether S parameter models (.s1p, .s2p files) of the CY8C4248LQI-BL583 are available?

I would like to characterize the chip's performance for linearity, and Noise figure performance.

Has anyone performed such an analysis?

What is the chip's Signal to Noise Ratio, IIP3, IP1dB values, at nominal VDDR (1.9V)?

Kind regards,

Andrew Mugisha

0 Likes
1 Solution
GuhapriyanT_31
Employee
Employee
10 solutions authored 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi Andrew,

The impedance data at the ANT pin for both transmitter and receiver is available in this link

Signal to Noise Ratio, IIP3, IP1dB data are not available, as the internal sections of the radio are not brought out to a pin to test the same.

But, Sensitivity, which directly depends on SNR is mentioned in the datasheet.

Inter modulation test of Bluetooth spec, which depends on IIP3 passes with 0% PER.

Maximum input power test of Bluetooth spec, which depends on IP1dB passes with 0% PER.

Thanks,

Guha

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
GuhapriyanT_31
Employee
Employee
10 solutions authored 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi Andrew,

The impedance data at the ANT pin for both transmitter and receiver is available in this link

Signal to Noise Ratio, IIP3, IP1dB data are not available, as the internal sections of the radio are not brought out to a pin to test the same.

But, Sensitivity, which directly depends on SNR is mentioned in the datasheet.

Inter modulation test of Bluetooth spec, which depends on IIP3 passes with 0% PER.

Maximum input power test of Bluetooth spec, which depends on IP1dB passes with 0% PER.

Thanks,

Guha

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Guha,

I'm interested in the S-parameters for CY8C4248LQI-BL583, could you please tell me where can I get them.

Another point I would like to request your support is concerning MIFA antenna mentioned in Cypress AN91445, would it be possible to get S-parameters for frequency up to 6 GHz.

Beforehand, thank you for your valuable information.

Regards,

Victor-

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Victor,

Sorry for the delay. Please find attached the S1P files for the device.

For the Antenna, the S parameters would differ from board to board because of various reasons such as change in the substrate material, thickness, ground pattern, keep out area differences and the proximity of other objects close to the antenna. So, I am not sure if it would help you if I share you the S parameter file for the Antenna from any of our kits.

Thanks,

Guha

0 Likes