OTA bricked device, but hex file reads out Identical to good one

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Panometric
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 10 solutions authored

My Project is BLE with Fixed stack bootloader:   CYBLE-224116-01  Silicon: 1A6F, Family: AA, Major/Minor Rev: AC

Bootloader and Bootloadable component version is 1.60

Some boards program fine. Others, once OTA upgraded successfully, are then is stuck in a boot loop.  You cannot attach a debugger because it is not stable enough to get the device ID. 

Using PSoc Programmer, the .HEX files read from the two devices are identical. 

What could be wrong? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Panometric
Level 5
Level 5

This ended up being a hardware difference between the boards. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Could you please refer to the "BLE_OTA_FixedStack_Bootloader" project from the PSoC Creator and let me know your observations in that project. 

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
Panometric
Level 5
Level 5

I used that project as a model, and it worked fine until now. Please read my question more carefully. Something about the OTA process on this some boards is acting different and I need to isolate why. Since the hex file after the OTA reads out identical on a good and bad board, I am out of ideas what to do differently.  Emulated EEPROM was not used on this project.

My best guess is that the checksum is failing, but that the programmer does not see the same code as the MCU does. Is there any reason that could happen?

Is there a trick to getting a debugger to attach to a device that is rapidly resetting? 

0 Likes
Panometric
Level 5
Level 5

This ended up being a hardware difference between the boards. 

0 Likes