OTA DFU Library for iOS App

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiEl_3261856
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

Hi,

I want to implement automatic Device Firmware Update service in my IOS app,

Is there any library that supports Cypress OTA for IOS apps?

Thanks,

Michelle

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Mich El,

OTA bootloading uses the .cyacd file which contains code and data for just the bootloadable project, without the associated bootloader. It is intended to be used by a bootloader host program, and downloaded to a target PSoC that has the associated bootloader project already installed.

Bootloadable .hex files are different in that they contain code and data bytes for the bootloadable and the associated bootloader project. Bootloadable gets the bootloader project's hex file from dependency selected in bootloadable component configuration window. Once you program the bootloadable.hex file; both projects are programmed in at the same time. This option is provided for production programming.

Alakananda

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

CySmart uses Cypress-defined bootloader BLE profile for OTA. We have released source code of CySmart iOS application in CySmart- Mobile App home page. You can download, refer and modify it to build your own iOS apps to work with Cypress BLE products.

0 Likes

Thanks, I saw in the IOS app source code that the OTA performed with a CYACD file is it possible

to performed the OTA with a HEX file?

0 Likes

Hi Mich El,

OTA bootloading uses the .cyacd file which contains code and data for just the bootloadable project, without the associated bootloader. It is intended to be used by a bootloader host program, and downloaded to a target PSoC that has the associated bootloader project already installed.

Bootloadable .hex files are different in that they contain code and data bytes for the bootloadable and the associated bootloader project. Bootloadable gets the bootloader project's hex file from dependency selected in bootloadable component configuration window. Once you program the bootloadable.hex file; both projects are programmed in at the same time. This option is provided for production programming.

Alakananda
0 Likes