OTA BLE - Host command to send

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CoNa_4262616
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm working with PSOC 4 and I would like to develop my own android application in order to upgrade my firmware using BLE OTA. I would like to know if there is any documentation about the commands exchanged between the host and the target module.

Thanks for you help,

Coralie

0 Likes
1 Solution

Please refer to Appendix C. Host/Target Communications to understand the command and response flow during bootloading.

You can download the CySmart android application source code here. It implements OTA in Cypress BLE devices. Please download and modify the source code to build your own android applications.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Coralie,

Could you please explain the following points:

1. Do you mean that you want to transfer the bootloadable application from android device to your psoc?

2. In case if you develop bootloadable application in your PC using PSoC Creator/ any other IDE, how would you transfer the hex/elf file to your android device?

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hi Ganesh,

I would transfer the bootloadable application to the PSoC using a BLE connection. I'm using a "Launcher+Copier, Upgradable stack, User App" type of architecture on my PSoC.

I would use the .cyacd which map the memory of PSoC with some additional informations and get it from a server using the phone internet connection.

I already upgrade my PSoC using the CySmart app and I'm now try to develop my own app. That is why I'm looking for some sort of documentation explaining the different command to send.

Thanks,

Coralie

0 Likes

Please refer to Appendix C. Host/Target Communications to understand the command and response flow during bootloading.

You can download the CySmart android application source code here. It implements OTA in Cypress BLE devices. Please download and modify the source code to build your own android applications.

thank you for your help

0 Likes