New CY8C4248LQI-BL583 Chip BLE component not functioning

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MKN_4249821
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

We have manufactured a custom PCB board using the schematic of the CY8CKIT-143A PSoC 4 BLE 256KB Module. Board is getting programmed and working except the BLE component. When we call the method "CyBle_Start(AppCallBack);" it enters into that function but it doesn't come out from that function. What might be the issue?

Is 24MHz crystal is necessary for the BLE component to work?

Please someone help me as soon as possible.

Thanks,

MKN

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Replacing the existing crystal on the board with the recommended ECO present in the PSoC 4 Crystal selection guide solved the issue.

https://www.cypress.com/file/139476/download

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello MKN,

Yes, 24MHz clock frequency is necessary for the BLESS. Could you please check with the 'BLE_FindMe' code example project in the PSoC Creator and let me know if have seen any issues.

Please share your schematic files if you are still facing the issue.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Yugandhar,

I have tried with the 'BLE_FindMe' example. None of the LED's are turning ON/Blinking. When I tried to debug it, the control flow is not coming out from the 'CyBle_Start(AppCallBack)' function. Why is it happening? Is chip might be faulty?

I am attaching the schematic and 'BLE_FineMe' Project for your reference.

Thanks,

MKN

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello MKN,

At my end, the project is working fine.
Could you please check whether the ECO is working or not ? For this, please refer to the below attached PWM project. In the project, I have configured ECO as HFCLK, after programming the device you will see decreasing of the LED brightness. Please let me know your observations.

In the 'BLE_FindMe' example project, could you please check where the code is getting stuck inside CyBle_Start() function. Also, if you are not using the updated BLE component, please update the BLE component to latest version v3.63 (In the PSoC Creator, Go to 'Project' ->'Update Components' and update BLE to the latest version).

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hi Yugandhar,

The project was not getting build. I have updated the components. After that, it worked but LED brightness is not decreasing. So there might be a crystal issue?

I have updated the BLE Component still it's the same. Inside of 'CyBle_Start()' function it is getting stuck at 'CyBle_StackInit()'.

Was there any issue in our schematic?

Thanks,

MKN

0 Likes

Hi,

Yes. It looks like the external crystal you are using is faulty. Can you please change the external crystal and check once? You can use the recommended crystals from the application note below:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an95089-psoc-4proc-ble-crystal-oscillator-se...

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hi,

Also in the schematic page 1, the VCCD pin is connected to the VDDD pin through 0 ohm resistance R5. Please remove that connection. VCCD should not be connected to VDDD.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hi,

Replacing the existing crystal on the board with the recommended ECO present in the PSoC 4 Crystal selection guide solved the issue.

https://www.cypress.com/file/139476/download

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes