Modulator clock frequency when using SmartSense

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
seaoc_1454951
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Select CapSense's tuning mode as SmartSense(Full Auto-Tune).

Why can not I set the CapSense Modulator clock frequency to less than 6000 kHz?

Which document describes this restriction

CapSenseのtuning modeをSmartSense(Full Auto-Tune)を選択します。

CapSenseのModulator clock frequency を 6000kHzより小さい周波数を設定できないがなぜか。

どのドキュメントでこの制限が記述されているか。

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Yes, you are right. The information regarding modulator clock frequency is available in the CapSense component datasheet.

For third generation CapSense devices, the minimum modulator clock frequency is 3 MHz.

Whereas, for fourth generation CapSense devices (4000S, 4100S, 4100S Plus, Analog Coprocessor), the minimum modulator clock frequency is 6 MHz.

Thanks and regards,
Shanmathi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you right-click on the component in the topdesign and select the "Datasheet" choice, it will open the PDF datasheet for the CapSense. This should contain the information you are looking for. Here is a datasheet for it I found online, but it has version 3.10 which may be outdated: http://www.cypress.com/file/127731/download

From a quick skim of the document, it looked like the minimum scanning frequency clock could be as low as 3 MHz, but that is lower than what you are able to set it, so I suspect that information I found.

0 Likes

Hi,

Yes, you are right. The information regarding modulator clock frequency is available in the CapSense component datasheet.

For third generation CapSense devices, the minimum modulator clock frequency is 3 MHz.

Whereas, for fourth generation CapSense devices (4000S, 4100S, 4100S Plus, Analog Coprocessor), the minimum modulator clock frequency is 6 MHz.

Thanks and regards,
Shanmathi

0 Likes