Missing Pin assignment (Lesson2)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
RoRo_4142061
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello,

I am doing lesson2 for the PSoc 2 training videos.

At 5:55 of lesson 2 I am unable to see the pin name "Pin_SW2" in the IO list as shown in IOLIST image attached!

I only see the pins from the previous project as shown in "Missing Input" image????

Does anyone know why I am not seeing the input pin... I have followed the lesson step by step!!!

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

RoRo,

To archive your project Right-Click over the project and then select "Archive Workspace/Project ..."

Len_CONSULTRON_0-1619791828705.png

Next select "Minimal" then "Archive" then when the next window shows up select "OK".

A explorer window with the new archive.  Drop this file into a new post on this thread.

In the meanwhile I am trying to locate Lesson 2 video of the PSoC4 so that I can see the "turns yellow" at time=5:09.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

RoRo,

Did you drop a input pin component on your TopDesign and name it Pin_SW2?

Len
0 Likes
lock attach
RoRo_4142061
Level 2
Level 2

"Did you drop a input pin component on your TopDesign and name it Pin_SW2?"

I dunno, I did so many things that I'm having a hard time with this.... I think I mixed everything up!!

But to answer your question, as a matter of fact the input pin has been dropped on both designs, so either way it should work in both designs, right? 

Somehow when I assigned the pin and it turns blue instead of yellow as in the video???

0 Likes

RoRo,

It looks like you correctly added Pin_SW2.

Once Pin_SW2 shows up in the Pins tab of the DWR, then you may need to assign the port pin to the actual HW that supports this input.

Can you share your project for us to analyze what has gone wrong?

Len
0 Likes
lock attach
RoRo_4142061
Level 2
Level 2

So I restarted the lesson at where the input pin is added to the workspace and something is wrong???

The video when it unchecks the "Hardware connection" checkbox at 5:09 doesn't have the same effect on the left pane as when I uncheck the "Hardware connection box". See the two attachments below

0 Likes

RoRo,

Hardware connection provides an "internal" routing connection inside the PSoC TopDesign.  It is intended to be routed to other component(s) inside the PSoC.   

Len
0 Likes
RoRo_4142061
Level 2
Level 2

Hey 

ok but the results from the video to what I do aren't the same almost like as if there's an issue in the PSoc designer???

0 Likes
RoRo_4142061
Level 2
Level 2

Hi  

Exactly at around 5:07/5:09 when he unchecks the "HW connection" box the video shows the image attached "VIDEO_at_5_09". But when I uncheck the "HW connection" box I get a different result, see the image attached "Me_at_5_09" ????

Then from there on things aren't the same as I follow the video further?????

For example if I continue following the video, when I go into the pin assignment and

assign that pin to PO(7), the pin in the video turns yellow where as mine turns blue??

Something in the video is definitely different than the PSoC creator software I am using??

Very discouraging!

How do I share the complete project to you?

Thanks for your help

r

0 Likes

RoRo,

To archive your project Right-Click over the project and then select "Archive Workspace/Project ..."

Len_CONSULTRON_0-1619791828705.png

Next select "Minimal" then "Archive" then when the next window shows up select "OK".

A explorer window with the new archive.  Drop this file into a new post on this thread.

In the meanwhile I am trying to locate Lesson 2 video of the PSoC4 so that I can see the "turns yellow" at time=5:09.

Len
0 Likes
RoRo_4142061
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you!

0 Likes