MANY APP INVENTOR PEOPLES NEED CYPRESS SUPPORT FOR NOTIFICATION ENABLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Cypress.

I am writing here for APP Inventor 2 users. Our problem problem is maybe simple but we can't find solution yet. So i am here for to get Cypress peoples support.

We are using BLE with APP Inventor 2  applications as well  but we can't ENABLE NOTIFICATION.

How can we ENABLE NOTIFICATION at APP Inventor 2

Best regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

You need to write to the Client Characteristics Configuration Descriptor (CCCD) of that particular characteristics in the GATT server device (PSoC4 BLE) which is being used for sending the Notifications from the APP INVENTOR (GATT Client).

Please refer the CySmart Android App for enabling the notifications ( Writing to the CCCD) from below link.

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/cysmart-mobile-app

Also, refer the PSoC 4 BLE Server Project ( Peripheral ) from below link to handle the CCCD write request. ( Here a Central project is also present , you can understand the functionality by going through both the projects )

PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day020_BLE_UART at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · ...

-Gyan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

Can you please confirm if you are communicating with PSoC4-BLE using App?

Thanks,

Hima

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did u get it?

0 Likes
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

You need to write to the Client Characteristics Configuration Descriptor (CCCD) of that particular characteristics in the GATT server device (PSoC4 BLE) which is being used for sending the Notifications from the APP INVENTOR (GATT Client).

Please refer the CySmart Android App for enabling the notifications ( Writing to the CCCD) from below link.

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/cysmart-mobile-app

Also, refer the PSoC 4 BLE Server Project ( Peripheral ) from below link to handle the CCCD write request. ( Here a Central project is also present , you can understand the functionality by going through both the projects )

PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day020_BLE_UART at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · ...

-Gyan

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi everyone,

I dont found how to put the notification enabled.

I atache how I configure the BLE device and the block in app inventor. With this configuration when I click Notify Button the app close.

Can you tell me where is the error?

Thank you. My best regards.

0 Likes

did you solve it? I'm facing the same problem

0 Likes