Low power mode (DeepSleep) counting time between pulses

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I need counting time between pulses in a PIO. Without low power requirements I can use a Timer, capture using PIO, and in the interrupt reseting counter for next measure. When I want the fresh data I only need to read the last capture. Meanwhile I can sleep psoc4. I've tested and works good. With Psoc4, Sleep power requirements (about 0,6-0,9mA) aren't good for me, so I'll try using deep sleep. I can use a clock ILO based, and capture in the same way, and read value in the watchdog interrupt, but as I can read in datasheet, using DeepSleep the Timer interrupt doesn't get fired (only WDT, so I can't reset counter). I have also doubt the Timer module can work in DeepSleep mode. Also ILO precission isn't good (About 60%, 10% with Trim module). Is there better way for doing this in DeepSleep mode? Can I reduce from 0,6mA power consumption in Sleep mode?   
0 Likes
3 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

The ILO is very wide tolerance. A way around this would be a production test/cal routine,

where a known accurate source is fed to PSOC 4, it measures, and computes a G factor to

correct readings. But then to do that right one would have to sweep locus of T and V to have

complete correction, probably impractical. Maybe a first order correction might suffice, you would

have to work the numbers.

The TRM pretty much confirms what can be used as wakeup sources -

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

Wakeup sources, attached.

0 Likes