Labwindows CVI with dongle's dll

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

I'm working on driving the dongle cypress CY5677 with a custom application which replace CySmart.

I have the 3 dlls cybledonglecommunicator.dll, cybledonglecommonbase.dll and cybleautobase.dll converted into .h files.

The 3 initializations are going well, I have no error on it.

I read the API_guide_reference but I'm still very confuse with the use of these files. Indeed, I want to set a BLE address to the dongle, so I want to use the following function : 

int CVIFUNC CySmart_DongleCommunicator_API_ICyBleMgr_StartScan(
    CySmart_DongleCommunicator_API_ICyBleMgr __instance,
    CySmart_DongleCommunicator_API_CyBleScanSettings settings,
    CySmart_DongleCommunicator_API_CyScanCallback cb,
    CySmart_DongleCommunicator_API_CyApiErr * __returnValue,
    CDotNetHandle * __exception);

Here is my issue, I don't know how to use this function, as example : the parameter " CySmart_DongleCommunicator_API_CyScanCallback cb " is only defined by " typedef struct __CySmart_DongleCommunicator_API_CyScanCallback * CySmart_DongleCommunicator_API_CyScanCallback; " in cybledonglecommunicator.h but how to initialize that type of variable ? I didn't find any create or get function.

Can you help me with this issue ?

Best regards,

Guillaume

0 Likes
1 Solution
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

The CySmart APIs were developed in C# and the dll files contain the API definitions. If you are trying to drive the dongle using a custom C application, then it is not possible to do so. You are advised to learn C# and subsequently you will be able to appreciate the abstract side of it. We have a CySmart example code available here http://www.cypress.com/forum/proc-ble/cysmart-api-c-example to enable you to understand how to use the APIs.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I still need help about it please. 

Regards,

Guillaume

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have no answer since 12 days, did I post something not clear or wrong ? 

Regards,

Guillaume

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Obviously nobody of the developers here is able to answer your questions.

I would suggest you to get in contact with Cypress directly: At top of this page select "Design support -> Create a Support Case" and ask your question. You will be helped by a Cypress engineer.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Bob about your answer. I will do it.

Regards,

Guillaume

0 Likes
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

The CySmart APIs were developed in C# and the dll files contain the API definitions. If you are trying to drive the dongle using a custom C application, then it is not possible to do so. You are advised to learn C# and subsequently you will be able to appreciate the abstract side of it. We have a CySmart example code available here http://www.cypress.com/forum/proc-ble/cysmart-api-c-example to enable you to understand how to use the APIs.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi grsr,

Thank you about your answer, I will learn C# in this case. 

Regards,

Guillaume

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greetings grsr,

Firstly I would like to thank your reply on 15th Dec. It is a precious help to pave the way to new findings. Still about the theme, I would like to make 2 important questions.

1 - Can the classes and methods from these DLLs be accessed from any of the Microsoft Visual Studio.NET managed languages? Particularly, could I drive the dongle using a custom C++ application?

2 - One of my project requirements is to show under LabView the results of a BLE Application using the Dongle. Is LabView able to access directly to the API DLLs? Or should I rather create my own .NET Assembly (for example, in C++) that accesses the API DLLs and afterwards in LabView create objects of those classes? Are you aware of any available project/code example to this problem?

I would ask you, that you could give a detailed response (mainly to the 2nd question) as possible.

Thank you very much and wish you Merry Christmas!

Nuno

0 Likes