LSM6DS3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ChNi_2249236
Level 3
Level 3

Hey, I'm trying to use the Accelerometer and the Gyroscope on the LSM6DS3 Sensor. Is there a way to read a register directly with the psoc library? I'm unsure of how to poll for a specific addresses stored info.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

You have to decide which of the interfaces you want to use with your LSM6DS3 chip. I would suggest to use I2C.

Byte I2C interface is quite simple: After setting up the component and starting it you use

I2C_MasterSendStart(DeviceAddress,I2C_WRITE_XFER_MODE);    // Initialize a transaction for writing
    I2C_MasterWriteByte(Register);                // Indicate which register you want to write to
    I2C_MasterWriteByte(Value);                // Write to register
    I2C_MasterSendStop();                    // End of transaction

When you want to read from a device you use (example for reading two bytes

I2C_MasterSendStart(DeviceAddress,I2C_WRITE_XFER_MODE);    // Initialize a transaction for writing
    I2C_MasterWrite(Register);                // Indicate which register you want to write to
    I2C_MasterSendRestart(DeviceAddress,I2C_READ_XFER_MODE);
    I2C_MasterReadByte(I2C_ACK_DATA);            // Read from register
    I2C_MasterReadByte(I2C_NAK_DATA);            // Read from register, last byte is NAKed
    I2C_MasterSendStop();                    // End of transaction

Not too difficult. Keep in mind that most of the APIs (except those for reading a byte) return a status byte which, when non-zero indicate an error condition.

The device address is 0x6a, the register to read from you'll have to take from the datasheet.

Bob

0 Likes

Thanks Mr. Marlowe your reply was exact and to the point. I'm able to read values now. Thank you!

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You are always welcome!

Bob

0 Likes