LM35 on PSOC4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear All,

Can i have any project on LM35 + PSOC4 ? for my reference. 

As i am working on one project right now in which i have to interface PSOC4 with LM35 and based on temperature out from LM35 i have to send commands on UART to master controller.

Naintech.

0 Likes
9 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You mainly need an UART and an ADC, for both of them are examples available (right click on the component).

Putting both together will be the work you need to do, remember you need 5V supply, maybe you need a level shifter (MAX232 or eq.) for UART signals.

Happy coding

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

On start page is a link to "Find Example Projects", in that is an example using

A/D. Same for UART. You can draw on these to make up your project.

RS232 levels - http://www.arcelect.com/rs232.htm

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

naintech,

I suggest to use digital thermometer DS18B20 from MAXIM instead of analog TM35. It has same formfactor, but better absolute accuracy (0.1C v. 0.5C for TM35), and its output is already digitized. Example project and component can be downloaded here.

odissey1

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

Looking at Maxim DS accuracy is -

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        Dana, DS18B20 are factory trimmed and calibrated. From my experience, device-to-device reproducibility is within one bit, that is 0.065C. Also tested in boiling water and melting ice with about same absolute and relative accuracy. Again I am talking about DS18B20, not DS18S20. I don't see advantages using TM35. odissey1   
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

Here is the datasheet I found, +/- .5 C accuracy.

LM35 $ .60 to $ 2.00, DS18B20 $ 2.00 to $ 4.00, Digikey

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

For a proof-of-concept or a functioning prototype the price might be negligible (depending on the re$our$es available). Of interest might be the time to program the system, but here PSoCs are fastes (as I experience).

All this premises will change with the number of devices planned to be fabricated. A Sensor which needs an ADC to be red will always be cheaper than one which already has this part integrated together with a communication interface. Since a PSoC comes to us with the needed hardware inside (remarkable: at the price of the more complex sensor!!!) I (personally) would tend to choose the version which uses the cheaper and simpler sensor.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

A Sensor which needs an ADC to be red will always be cheaper than one which already has this part integrated together with a communication interface.

That's wholly dependent on process geometry being used and marketing plans. End of life

components, usually less integrated, older geometries, often carry higher prices. Price a 29466

out vs the equivalent in a PSOC 3 / 5LP.....

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Focally_123
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked First like given

Dear All,

Can I have any project on BME680 interfacing with CYW920719Q40EVB-01 / CYW920819EVB-02 ?

0 Likes