Is there a BLE HID Keyboard for the CY8CKIT-043?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaSt_1539621
Level 2
Level 2
5 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

I have a CY8CKIT-034 and I have soldered an EZ BLE module onto the board as per instructions.

I have several examples installed into the /PSoC Creator/4.2/Examples folder and one is the BLE HID Keyboard example. When I create a project from the Examples file and change the selected device to the CY8C4247AZI-M485 that's on the board, or if I create a BLE HID Keyboard from the File > Code Example, select he BLE HID Keyboard, and select Create Project I get the result below.

The errors refer me to the upgrade notices in the BLE documentation. They say if I am upgrading from v 1.0 to 2 or later I should check any referrences to CYBLE_EVT_GATTS_EXEC_WRITE_REQ, but when I search the project the only references I see to that are in the Generated Source:

Generated_Source\PSoC4\BLE_eventHandler.c - (line 2020, col 14): case CYBLE_EVT_GATTS_EXEC_WRITE_REQ:

Generated_Source\PSoC4\BLE_StackGattClient.h - (line 979, col 38): * GATT Server's end. This generates CYBLE_EVT_GATTS_EXEC_WRITE_REQ at the GATT

Generated_Source\PSoC4\BLE_StackGattClient.h - (line 1042, col 38): * GATT Server's end. This generates CYBLE_EVT_GATTS_EXEC_WRITE_REQ at the GATT

Generated_Source\PSoC4\BLE_StackGattClient.h - (line 1291, col 4): * CYBLE_EVT_GATTS_EXEC_WRITE_REQ at the GATT Server's end.

Generated_Source\PSoC4\BLE_Stack.h - (line 627, col 5): CYBLE_EVT_GATTS_EXEC_WRITE_REQ,

There are also some references to cy_m0s8_ble and bless_isr being mismatched, but I don't see those in any code or any way to adjust them through the GUI.

Is there a BLE HID Keyboard example that will work with the CY8CKIT-043, or is there a better stick-type kit with built-in debugger UART/USB bridge, that works better with a BLE HID Keyboard example?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

The Cypress EZ-BLE Module contains crystal oscillators, passive components, on-board chip or trace antennas, and a Cypress BLE chip, which includes the BLE radio, programmable analog and digital blocks, memory, and an ARM® Cortex®-M0 microcontroller. Here you soldered CY8CKIT-043 and EZ BLE module onto the board so you have to program on EZ-BLE Module(which contains the BLE Component) and CY8CKIT-043 will acts as a programmer. Please refer the EZ-BLE Module link for more details on EZ-BLE Module.

Can you please let us know which EZ BLE Module you are using?

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

5 Replies