Interrupt switch doesn't work out of the Pioneer Baseboard

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
vibac_1329666
Level 2
Level 2

Hey there !

I'm working on PSOC 4 BLE with the Pioneer Baseboard, on a project i use the switch interrupt based on the GPIO P2.7.

On the Pionner Baseboard it works perfectly !

But when i use my breakboard ( where the GPIO 2.7 is wire on a switch (button) to the mass), it doesn't work .

I received the signal when i push the switch but when i'm release the switch the psoc 4 doesn't get the signal.

I do that because i need to know when someone push the button and realease the button.

Does anybody know why ?

thx,

Vivien

0 Likes
1 Solution

The interrupt seems to be functional on a pioneer kit. It will be hard for us to debug the problem since we cannot replicate it here. You can probe the signal at the switch and P2.7 to check if you are getting the desired signal properly. There are no special modifications required to connect the switch to P2.7. Please probe and debug the signals on the base board to find any routing issues.

Regards,

Yeshwanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
Yeshwanth_KT
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 likes received

Hello,

You explained that you received the signal when you pushed the switch, are you trying to say that you received an interrupt when you pressed the switch and no interrupt when you released the switch. If this is your problem, you should configure the pin to trigger interrupt for both the edges.

Triggering interrupt should work fine on both pioneer and baseboard without any modifications. Please feel free to comment your problems down here.

Regards,

Yeshwanth

0 Likes

Hello !

My interrupt is already configured for both the edges.... This is why i'm so surprised that it doesn't work

0 Likes

Can you please attach your project and schematics of the base board here.

Thanks,

Yeshwanth

0 Likes

Is it possible to have a confidential exchange ?

0 Likes

But i'm working with other interrupt like I2C , SD card, my project is pretty big.

I don't know if someone of cypress can help me to clean my project or help me better than exchange in a forum?

0 Likes

You said it worked fine on pioneer kit, was it functional for both the edges? If that's the case then the firmware will be fine. Can you please send the schematics so that i can review it.

0 Likes

Please tell me when you download it, i will delete like that

0 Likes

The interrupt seems to be functional on a pioneer kit. It will be hard for us to debug the problem since we cannot replicate it here. You can probe the signal at the switch and P2.7 to check if you are getting the desired signal properly. There are no special modifications required to connect the switch to P2.7. Please probe and debug the signals on the base board to find any routing issues.

Regards,

Yeshwanth

0 Likes

Okay, i will investigate.

I have two questions :

How can i write something in the memory of the PSOC to keep in memory even if the psoc alimentation is turn of?

Does it goes quickly ?

0 Likes

Sorry, can you repeat your questions. I didn't understand it properly.

0 Likes

Hi !

I want to keep in memory on the psoc , some variables.

I mean that even if the psoc is turn off from the alimentation, when we repower the psoc my variables are still at the same value.

Vivien

0 Likes

Vivien,

PSoC has 2kb of EEPROM for storing data. You can use this component to save settings and data

myEEPROM: component to save/recall application settings in EEPROM between power offs

/odissey1

0 Likes

Hello Vivien,

Is there any update on this?

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes