cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 4 MCU

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried to connect the BLE dongle to CySmart, but received a message that it is an unsupported target.

After that, I tried to upload a hex file for the BLE dongle provided by cysmart using the psoc tool, 

but I received the message "The hex file does not match with the acquired device, please check the device".

I tried it before I updated the programmer firmware, I tried it after updating it,

but I can't get the same message and can't connect the dongle API properly. How do I fix this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Max Lee,

Please make use of the latest revision, CySmart 1.3 available at: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/cysmart-bluetooth-le-test-and-debug-tool

It supports CY5677 CySmart BLE 4.2 USB dongle with PSoC 4 BLE device.

Best Regards,

Geona Mary

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Contributor

Hello,

As I can observe from the picture that the attached board has the chip CY8C4248LQI-BL583. I believe that you will need an hex file for that particular chip. You have selected an .hex file for the chip CY5677. Please select the appropriate chip or insert the dongle(which I believe has the CY5677 chip) instead of the KitProg which has the CY8C4248LQI-BL583.

Hope this helps. Best regards,

Marian

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry to late reply on your answer.

I surely checked wether i inserted ble dongle or not.

I inserted surely BLE dongle but, The program seems to recognize it as Kitprog.

0 Likes
Employee

Hello,

The kitprog might have gone in to mass storage mode. Please press the Reset button for about 5-10S and check.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your attention. but, It's not in mass storage mode.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you have plugged multiple devices in at the same time?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just plugged only one device in PC.

I tried multiple device hearing your answer, but there's not differences

0 Likes
Employee

Hello Max,

Can you please check the device (near to the Antenna side) part no. on the BLE DONGLE, is it CYBL10162 or CY8C4248LQI-BL583?

Thanks,

Anks

0 Likes

Hello Max Lee,

Please make use of the latest revision, CySmart 1.3 available at: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/cysmart-bluetooth-le-test-and-debug-tool

It supports CY5677 CySmart BLE 4.2 USB dongle with PSoC 4 BLE device.

Best Regards,

Geona Mary

View solution in original post