I can't Psoc4's firmware update on CY5677 BLE 4.2 dongle

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried to connect the BLE dongle to CySmart, but received a message that it is an unsupported target.

After that, I tried to upload a hex file for the BLE dongle provided by cysmart using the psoc tool, 

but I received the message "The hex file does not match with the acquired device, please check the device".

I tried it before I updated the programmer firmware, I tried it after updating it,

but I can't get the same message and can't connect the dongle API properly. How do I fix this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Hello Max Lee,

Please make use of the latest revision, CySmart 1.3 available at: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/cysmart-bluetooth-le-test-and-debug-tool

It supports CY5677 CySmart BLE 4.2 USB dongle with PSoC 4 BLE device.

Best Regards,

Geona Mary

View solution in original post

9 Replies
manusharian
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hello,

As I can observe from the picture that the attached board has the chip CY8C4248LQI-BL583. I believe that you will need an hex file for that particular chip. You have selected an .hex file for the chip CY5677. Please select the appropriate chip or insert the dongle(which I believe has the CY5677 chip) instead of the KitProg which has the CY8C4248LQI-BL583.

Hope this helps. Best regards,

Marian

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry to late reply on your answer.

I surely checked wether i inserted ble dongle or not.

I inserted surely BLE dongle but, The program seems to recognize it as Kitprog.

0 Likes

Hello,

The kitprog might have gone in to mass storage mode. Please press the Reset button for about 5-10S and check.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your attention. but, It's not in mass storage mode.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you have plugged multiple devices in at the same time?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just plugged only one device in PC.

I tried multiple device hearing your answer, but there's not differences

0 Likes

Hello Max,

Can you please check the device (near to the Antenna side) part no. on the BLE DONGLE, is it CYBL10162 or CY8C4248LQI-BL583?

Thanks,

Anks

0 Likes
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Hello Max Lee,

Please make use of the latest revision, CySmart 1.3 available at: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/cysmart-bluetooth-le-test-and-debug-tool

It supports CY5677 CySmart BLE 4.2 USB dongle with PSoC 4 BLE device.

Best Regards,

Geona Mary

StKr_1203736
Level 3
Level 3
First like received 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Thank so much for making no attempt at answering this question. I have a CY5766 BLE Dongle (please do NOT tell me I am 'You have selected an .hex file for the chip CY5677'. There is no such chip.) CY5677 is the BOARD designation for a PSoC4 BLE Dongle.

I would like to use it with my CYPROTO-063, as described in  Document No. 002-15119 Rev.**
' BLE Battery Level with PSoC 6 MCU with BLE Connectivity '.

I took my brand-spanking-new CY5766 out of the box and plugged it in. I opened CySmart 1.3. It does not recognize it. The 'Select Dongle' dialog is blank, it offers no options. I closed CySmart. I tried fw-install from a command prompt), and it says 'No devices detected'. So I opened PSoC Programmer 3.29.0. It DOES detect it.  I re-programmed the board with BLE_4_2_Dongle_CySmart_256K_psoc.hex, which I just downloaded from the Cypress web site.

Again, CySmart does not detect it. fw-loader does not detect it. PSoC Programmer 3.29.0 DOES detect it. The Utility menu will not allow me to/encourage me to/force me to update the KitProg firmware.

PLEASE do not ask if it is in mass storage mode. I know how to get it in and out of mass storage mode. When it is in mass storage mode, it appears in Device Manager under Universal Bus Controllers as 'mass storage device', and there is no associated COM port.

Right now, it appears under Ports (COM & LPT) as KitProg USB-UART (COM14) and under Universal Bus Controllers as KitProg (1.2.3.3)

There is only ONE (count 'em) ONE PSoC device of any kind plugged into a USB port on the computer.

So.. I am dead-in-the-water. This is my first experience with a PSoC 6 based project. I would grade the out-of-box-experience as an 'F'. I have previously worked with PSoC 4 and PSoC 5, so I am quite familiar with how bad your documentation and tools can be.

0 Likes