I am getting error message while renaming a project in PSOC 4. It says Cannot rename....cysdn is denied.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AlMa_1521636
Level 1
Level 1
First like given Code Expert

I copied an existing project and pasted it in the PSOC workspace explorer. It appended a _Copy_01 at the end. However, when I went to rename it, it gave me the following error message.

Cannot rename "CYPD3174-24LQXQ_pa_opto_fb_Port1_Copy_01" to "Test_Board_pa_opto_fb_Port1": (Failed to move D:\Projects\Vendor Eval Kit 1\Cypress Projects\Test Projects\Test Board\Test Board\CYPD3174-24LQXQ_pa_opto_fb_Port1_Copy_01.cydsn to D:\Projects\Vendor Eval Kit 1\Cypress Projects\Test Projects\Test Board\Test Board\Test_Board_pa_opto_fb_Port1.cydsn: Access to the path 'D:\Projects\Vendor Eval Kit 1\Cypress Projects\Test Projects\Test Board\Test Board\CYPD3174-24LQXQ_pa_opto_fb_Port1_Copy_01.cydsn' is denied.).

What do I need to do to rename this project?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

Although there could be many reasons, but a couple of candidates of problem source came up to my mind were

(1) Space chars in the path

I usually recommend my customer not include "space" "tab" or non-standard ascii letters in the project path.

(2) Path seems to be very long

The whole path name of "CYPD3174-24LQXQ_pa_opto_fb_Port1_Copy_01" is more than 128 letters.

this could cause problems.

If you can compromise to use path name

"D:\Projects\Vendor_Eval_Kit_1\Cypress_Projects\Test_Project\Test_Board"

or

"D:\Projects\VendorEvalKit1\Cypress\Test_Board"

instead of

"D:\Projects\Vendor Eval Kit 1\Cypress Projects\Test Projects\Test Board\Test Board"

it might help a little.

Having written that a few things I'd try are

(1) If you'd like to keep current path, I will

create a blank project with the name of destination.

Then copy each schematic, pin, and sources from the original project

(2) Create an archive of original project and copy it to more short path (close to the top)

and uncompress the project, open it with PSoC Creator and there try to copy and rename the project

moto

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

Although there could be many reasons, but a couple of candidates of problem source came up to my mind were

(1) Space chars in the path

I usually recommend my customer not include "space" "tab" or non-standard ascii letters in the project path.

(2) Path seems to be very long

The whole path name of "CYPD3174-24LQXQ_pa_opto_fb_Port1_Copy_01" is more than 128 letters.

this could cause problems.

If you can compromise to use path name

"D:\Projects\Vendor_Eval_Kit_1\Cypress_Projects\Test_Project\Test_Board"

or

"D:\Projects\VendorEvalKit1\Cypress\Test_Board"

instead of

"D:\Projects\Vendor Eval Kit 1\Cypress Projects\Test Projects\Test Board\Test Board"

it might help a little.

Having written that a few things I'd try are

(1) If you'd like to keep current path, I will

create a blank project with the name of destination.

Then copy each schematic, pin, and sources from the original project

(2) Create an archive of original project and copy it to more short path (close to the top)

and uncompress the project, open it with PSoC Creator and there try to copy and rename the project

moto

0 Likes