Huawei P10 Lite - P20 Lite Issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
osguc_1563151
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

We have found an issue with Huawei devices ( P10 Lite and P20 Lite 😞 Running the CySmart on Huawei devices don't show the BLE devices with Custom Services ( see the picture - samsung vs huawei ). Do you have any information about Huawei devices?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Since the other phones are able to see the BLE devices, I think its a Huawei specific issue. There are many websites reporting there is a bug in the phones. So, please check if they have fixed that bug.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
28 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

I would like to suggest some things to try before I proceed to think there is a bug. Please try them and let me know if it works.

• It's always better to reboot your device and try again
  • You can try to toggle your Bluetooth connectivity icon by turning off and again pressing it to turn on for searching the device you want to connect.
  • Clear the history of recently connected devices
  • Check and confirm that there are no restrictions on the connection laid down by you.
  • It always worthy that you check whether your power saving mode is turned on or not. If it's on then it is the culprit in the connectivity issue as the Bluetooth connectivity consumes a lot of power and such apps which consume a lot of energy will be disabled automatically when the power saving mode is on.
  • Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app

If none of the above helps, we will try to find why the problem arises.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi Dheeraj,

I tried all your suggestions, but without success, the CySmart don't show our devices with custom services. Can you help me?

Thx in advance.

Rgeards,

Oscar

0 Likes

Hello Oscar,

This is strange, might be a device specific issue. Let me check.

Are you able to detect the BLE devices without any services in general on Cysmart app? Check if you are able to pair with the BLE device through the Bluetooth settings. Let me know your observations.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi Dheerej,

Using the scanning tool of the Android ( Bluetooth settings ), the devices are not detected.

Please, can you check and tell me if you have the same result?

Regards,

Oscar

0 Likes

I am trying to get hands on a Huawei device to test it. But this seems like your Bluetooth isn't working on the phone. Are you able to connect to any Bluetooth device (for eg: speaker) for that matter?

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi Dheeraj,

I tried the bluetooth with a bluetooth headphones and it works properly.

Did you make some test?

0 Likes
LiDo_2439176
Level 5
Level 5
First question asked 50 replies posted 50 sign-ins

I assume on Huawei devices you have Android 7.0 Nougat.

Which version of Android do you have on Samsung ?

0 Likes

Hi,

See theattached pictures.

Huawei_P20.jpgSamsung.png

0 Likes

I have a similar problem with Raspberry Pi and my beacons. I double checked.

Until Linux raspberrypi 4.14.58-v7+ no problem. If I upgrade to a newer version, I can't see my beacons.

So , in my opinion, there is something in the new system versions that either do not recognize the advertising packet or filter it.

I didn't have time to analyze my advertising packet.

In your case, Huawei has a newer version than Samsung. May be you can figure out what is wrong with the advertising packet.

For sure you cannot downgrade your Android phone to a functional version.

0 Likes

A lot of people have Huawei mobiles. It's important for us that the BLE devices are recognised. Can you help us with some test? I didn't find any information about timing requirements.

Thanks in advance.

Oscar

0 Likes

I hope I can help you. Let's try.

Liviu

0 Likes

Hello Oscar,

Please do the following:

Settings > Installed Apps > CySmart > Permissions > Make sure you have checked all the permissions.

Then run the app and check if you are able to see the BLE devices. Let me know if it works.

I just tried to see if there have been reports of BLE issues in Huawei phones and this is what I found: android - Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices connection issue with Huawei Phone - Stack Overflow

Looks like there is a bug in Huawei. Check if they have any software updates which has fixed this.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi Dheeraj,

Seems that the CySmart doesn't have all the permissions but I can't change them (see the attached picture)

Screenshot_20181023-095635.jpg

0 Likes

Can you please check if you can see any edit permissions kind of option which will allow you to do so? My settings are different from yours.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

I didn't found any option to modify Blueooth permissions in Android 8.0 with Emui 8.0

0 Likes

Please refer to the following link to change the permissions:

https://www.pcmobitech.com/how-to-manage-app-permissions-on-android-oreo-8-0/

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

I tried all the things, but there are no option to allow the Bluetooth permissions for Cysmart (as see in my last picture)

Oscar

De: ddka

Enviado el: martes, 23 de octubre de 2018 11:53

Para: Oscar Guallar

Asunto: Re: - Huawei P10 Lite - P20 Lite Issue

<http://www.cypress.com>

Cypress Developer Community <https://community.cypress.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Huawei P10 Lite - P20 Lite Issue

reply from ddka<https://community.cypress.com/people/ddka?et=watches.email.thread> in PSoC 4 BLE - View the full discussion<https://community.cypress.com/message/176738?et=watches.email.thread#176738>

0 Likes

I tried all the things, but there are no option to allow the Bluetooth permissions for Cysmart (as see in my last picture)

Oscar

0 Likes

Hello Oscar,

Without permissions being set, the app won't work. Android does provide option to change the permissions of apps. I don't think it has been locked. Else you can uninstall the app and reinstall it. On first launch you will be asked to enable permissions. Make sure you accept everything.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

I reinstalled the application and accepted all the permissions...but nothing change...Screenshot_20181023-122218.jpg

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello Oscar,

Please uninstall CySmart and install the .apk file I have attached with the thread. During installation, please grant all permissions. Then check if it is working correctly. Let me know if it worked.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

I tried to install this apk. I have the following results:

- No permissions have been required when I installed the apk

- Running the application, it only shows the initial screen (Cysmart - Cypress) and then the application is automatically closed.

0 Likes

I went to "Settings-Applications->CySmart-Permissions" and I enabled "Memory" and "Location" permissions (the only options for this application) and now the application runs OK.

The problem is that the CySmart didn't show the our cypress devices as the previous version

0 Likes

You mean you still aren't able to see BLE devices around you?

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

The CySmart shows BLE devices (smartphones, PC, etc.) but not our BLE devices with the Cypress IC. (the same situation at the beggining of this conversation)

0 Likes

Any news about it?

0 Likes

Unfortunately, no.

Obțineți Outlook pentru Android

0 Likes

Since the other phones are able to see the BLE devices, I think its a Huawei specific issue. There are many websites reporting there is a bug in the phones. So, please check if they have fixed that bug.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes