How to use cy8ckit-041-41xx as a mutual capacitance sensor?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nime_4718241
Level 1
Level 1

I want to use the cy8ckit-041-41xx as a mutual capacitance sensor. However, I am confused on how to proceed as I was unable to find any documentation or tutorials on how to use it as a mutual capacitance sensor.

I want to measure the mutual capacitance of two plates and get the capacitance value for my application. Greatly appreciate any help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello nime_4718241

The application for mutual capacitance sensing is to detect a touch on the sensor. If you try to measure the mutual cap using this sensor, there might be some error associated with this as this is not the primary purpose. You can, however, get a fair idea of the mutual capacitance and the difference when you touch or change it using any method.

The mutual capacitance can be back-calculated from the following equation:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_3.png

Thanks,
Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello nime_4718241

The application for mutual capacitance sensing is to detect a touch on the sensor. If you try to measure the mutual cap using this sensor, there might be some error associated with this as this is not the primary purpose. You can, however, get a fair idea of the mutual capacitance and the difference when you touch or change it using any method.

The mutual capacitance can be back-calculated from the following equation:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_3.png

Thanks,
Hari

0 Likes