How to start bootloarder from Android

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gesac_4265536
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am a junior developer I just get started with CySmart app because I want to create a simple android app that will only update on bootloader.

So I'm trying to update a firmware from a cyacd file.
First from the CySmart app, i'm connecting to my device and write an hex value on a service to activate the bootloader mode. But this step done i'm not able to find the device from the android app, and i don't where the issue can came from because on the iphone app I found it with the bootloader activated in the courousel of services.

Any help or advice is appreciated

Georges

0 Likes
1 Solution

You can find the PSoC 4 BLE OTA code examples from Github - GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC4-MCU-BLE-Connectivity-Designs: This repository provides example...

If you have evaluation board on your hand, you can try these code on your evaluation board to test if the mobile can work finely.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Can you tell the part number of the target device you are using?

Maybe you need to get started with the bootloader code example firstly before you try out the custom code to make sure your android mobile works finely.

0 Likes

Hi,

I don't tried to custom the code yet,

Excuse me I'm not yet familiar with cypress but hat do you mean by part number of the target?

0 Likes

Part number is the name of the chip you are using. I guess it should be PSoC 4 BLE. Can you tell it?

Maybe I can find some BLE biootloader/OTA code examples for you to get started.

0 Likes

Yes it's a PSoC 4 BLE. Thank you that will be very helpfull.

0 Likes

You can find the PSoC 4 BLE OTA code examples from Github - GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC4-MCU-BLE-Connectivity-Designs: This repository provides example...

If you have evaluation board on your hand, you can try these code on your evaluation board to test if the mobile can work finely.

0 Likes