How to program multiple PWMs to control some LEDs using PSoC 4 BLE?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnCo_2736831
Level 4
Level 4
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

I am making a program using PSoC 4 BLE software that connects to the CySmart App. I want to control two different LEDs (red and green) using PWMs so that one LED would blink at the speed of one second, and another would blink at 2 seconds. I have tried doing this, but this error occurs: Pin guidance unavailable: Resource limit: Maximum number of Datapath Cells exceeded (max=4, needed=6).

Does anyone know how to fix or get around this problem?

Thanks,

Andrew Collins

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShengY_96
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins Welcome!

Hi Andrew

Per the log, seems you are using the UDB based PWM which cost the UDB resource and the UDB resource is limited.

Please change the UDB based PWM to the TCPWM: PWM(TCPWM mode). PSoC 4 BLE have 4 TCPWM resource.

Regards

Jenson

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Can you please post your complete project or a shortened version that shows the error so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use

Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)

and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
ShengY_96
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins Welcome!

Hi Andrew

Per the log, seems you are using the UDB based PWM which cost the UDB resource and the UDB resource is limited.

Please change the UDB based PWM to the TCPWM: PWM(TCPWM mode). PSoC 4 BLE have 4 TCPWM resource.

Regards

Jenson

0 Likes