How to program PSoC 5LP CY8C5869LTI-LP039 in CY8CKIT-044

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
OsFe_2822791
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hello everybody!

I´m trying to program my CY8CKIT-044 to adquire EMG signal and I was reading about PGA but my kit doesn´t support this component because I didn´t found it in the datasheet. Thus ,I´m thinking about use the PSoC 5LP that is integrated in this kit that I supose will have PGA (I cannot find the datasheet), is it possible to program it?

Thank you a lot in advance for your response.

Regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

I have two solutions.

GS004818.png

1) There is a pad pattern indicated by the number "23" to implement a 10P pin header.  This pin header is used to program the PSoC 5LP with a programmer like MiniProg3.  Any program can be written to the PSoC 5LP.

2) The PSoC 5LP has a bootloader program and the KitPorg is written to the application (bootloadable) area when shipped.  You can develop your own application as a bootloadable.

Please refer the section "9. Developing Applications for PSoC 5LP" in the document "KitProg2 User Guide, Doc. # 002-10738" which is installed with the PSoC Programmer.  The default location is as follows.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Documents\KitProg2 User Guide.pdf"

Regards,

Noriaki

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

I have two solutions.

GS004818.png

1) There is a pad pattern indicated by the number "23" to implement a 10P pin header.  This pin header is used to program the PSoC 5LP with a programmer like MiniProg3.  Any program can be written to the PSoC 5LP.

2) The PSoC 5LP has a bootloader program and the KitPorg is written to the application (bootloadable) area when shipped.  You can develop your own application as a bootloadable.

Please refer the section "9. Developing Applications for PSoC 5LP" in the document "KitProg2 User Guide, Doc. # 002-10738" which is installed with the PSoC Programmer.  The default location is as follows.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Documents\KitProg2 User Guide.pdf"

Regards,

Noriaki

0 Likes

Hi Noaki,

thank you for your response. Do you know if it´s possible use all the modules that PSoC 5LP has? For example PGA?

Regards,

Oscar.

0 Likes

YES, all components in the PSoC 5LP can be used including PGA.  Please note that not of all pins are connected on the CY8CKIT-044 pioneer kit.

Some pins are connected to the J8 header as follows.

GS004819.png

Please check the schematic of CY8CKIT-044 which can be downloaded from the following web page https://cypress.com/CY8CKIT-044

https://www.cypress.com/cy8ckit-044

If you want to use more pins, I recommend to use the CY8CKIT-059 prototyping kit.

https://www.cypress.com/cy8ckit-059

Regards,

Noriaki

0 Likes

Thank you, very useful your response.

Do you know if it´s possible to program PSoC 5LP with the 2nd method and after that program PSoC 4?

Thank you.

Regards.

0 Likes

Hello OsFe_2822791​,

Yes, you can program your custom project as part of the bootloadable project. Follow the steps mentioned in the guide under Section Building a Bootloadable Project for PSoC 5LP.

We have a note that mentions the things you need to consider, which should be useful:

pastedImage_1.png

So, if you don't use the pins P3[2] and P3[3] in the custom application that you develop, you will be able to program your 044 kit.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

OsFe,

The EMG signals are very low (<1mV). It would be hard to measure it using PSoC4 12-bit SAR ADC. Typically, 20-bit or better DelSig-type ADC required for such task. I haven't seen successful implementation of EMG using PSoC4. While it is surely possible, all analog front end should be developed outside of the PSoC4 using good Opamps.

As I pointed in previous post, cheapest ($1) would be using external 24-bit DelSig ADC HX711, and PSoC4 as an interface to PC. If using PSoC5 built-in into the KIT-044 board, the 10-pin connector and the MiniProg3 will cost >$50, which is a price of five CY8CKIT-059 PSoC5LP Prototyping boards!

/odissey1

0 Likes