How to interface cypress ble to the arduino uno

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
bamo_4079406
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

This is Basavaraj M, i need a help from you, can cyble-012011-00 can be interfaced to arduino uno. I am making the propject to make the cypress ble act as the normal bluetooth (Ex:- HC-05) the ble should act as the transmitter and the receiver and i am going to bond the ble with the mobile bluetooth and i am going to send the string, character or any other information to the ble via the bluetooth app (any app used by the HC-05) and it should send the data to the arduino uno/mega and it should show the data into the monitor and vice versa. is it possible?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello BaM_4291296 ,

It seems to be that Arduino RC application supports Bluetooth SPP protocol. CYBLE-012011-00 devices are Bluetooth Low Energy(BLE), BLE devices can connect only to other BLE device. If the peer supports SPP along with BLE, then only the BLE device can connect and communicate.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello Basavaraj,

Please refer to the below thread link.

Link: https://community.cypress.com/thread/34638

Could you please let me know how you are interfacing the CYBLE-012011-00 device with Arduino ?

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hello PY_21​,

my first case is to connect the cyble to any of the android application( arduino RC application) and then i need to communicate with that

by sending and receiving the serial data.

i tried to connect with that application but its not getting connected what are the changes to be done to the cyble so that it can connect to the other android bluetooth applications used by the arduino.

Thanks,

Basavaraj M

0 Likes

Hello BaM_4291296 ,

It seems to be that Arduino RC application supports Bluetooth SPP protocol. CYBLE-012011-00 devices are Bluetooth Low Energy(BLE), BLE devices can connect only to other BLE device. If the peer supports SPP along with BLE, then only the BLE device can connect and communicate.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hello PY_21​,

i have made research on the arduinoRC application i didn't got any of the information weather the it supports spp protocol or not but i came to know that there are no android application developed to connect the cyble except nRFConnect and cySmart applications

Thanks,

Basavaraj M

0 Likes

Hello BaM_4291296 ,

Any android ble application which supports BLE can be used to connect the cyble device. Could you please send me the link of arduino RC application ? When I was trying to connect with this App it is asking whether the peer device supports Bluetooth SPP.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hello PY_21​,

Here is the link of the application(ArduinoRC) Arduino Bluetooth Controller - Apps on Google Play

Thanks,

Basavaraj M.

0 Likes

Hello Basavaraj,

It seems to be that Arduino Bluetooth controller App won't connect to the BLE device. Could you please use Cysmart App or any BLE controller App for your application.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hello P Yugandhar,

Can i know the reason why the ble is not able to connect arduino bluetooth controller application?

Thanks,

Basavaraj M

0 Likes

Hello Basavaraj,

Apologize for the late reply. In the app description, I didn't see any information on supporting for the BLE devices. Could you please check in Arduino Forums and confirm whether Arduino Bluetooth Controller supports for BLE Devices or not ?

Android app which supports BLE can be connected with the CyBLE devices.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes