How to identify the microcontroller in this prototype board??

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Sorry for the noob question. 

I am interested in these prototype boards, but how to identify the micro-controller used in the board.

http://in.element14.com/cypress-semiconductor/cy8ckit-049-42xx/prototype-board-cy8c4245axi-483/dp/24...

and

http://in.element14.com/cypress-semiconductor/cy8ckit-049-41xx/prototype-board-cy8c4125axi-483/dp/24...

Read the datasheets for both the boards, but they dont mention anything about the micro-controller used.

thanks

a

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum and in the fascinating world of PSoCs!

In both cases the underlying microcontroller is an ARM M0 processor. The difference between the two prototype kits is that the -049-41xx contains fewer hardware components (no UDBs).

I (personally) do not recommend these prototype kits as entrance into the PSoC world since they do not allow for debugging and require a bootloader/bootloadable program. I do recommend the development kits as CY8CKIT-042 or (even better) the CY8C-044 kit. They allow for debugging and when the project has been tested it can be programmed (with small modification) into one of the CY8CKIT-049-4xxx prototype boards.

Happy coding

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The reason I am keen is it has fewer components, and I can easily integrate the board into my product. I could also use the attached USB-Serial bridge to re-program the device while in the field. The product I am designing is meant for use industrial use, and is basically a motion control system, used to control a stepper motor. 

However the development kits you suggested also looks interesting...

thanks

a

0 Likes