How to disconnect ios device when bonded and connected?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I want my ble remote to enter advertising mode upon press the connect button even when it is connected to ios device, so other central can discover and connect to it, but it seems ios will still connect to it even I disconnect and clean it from whitelist in peripheral side. I do not want to forget this perpheral or turn off the bluetooth on ios side, just want to implement this function on peripheral side.

cgha

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Do you mean your iOS device is still able to connect to the peripheral, even after you have removed the iOS Device from the whitelist? If so, have you set the whitelist option as "Scan request any; Connect request whitelist"?

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the whitelist is useless since ios device use resolvable address,right? Here, I have a bluetooth 2.1/3.0 keyboard, it can function the pair button correctly:

1. When press pair button, will disconnect and start advertising, will not auto connect back to the bonded central, press the peripheral name on ios device,can connect back and have function.

2. When press pair button, will disconnect and start advertising, will not auto connect back, so other central like android phone can scan and connect and bond to it.

3. When power on, can automatically connect back to last bonded central.

So how could I implement like this bluetooth keyboard? Since the bluetooth keyboard use 4 digit key to pair, But it seems I can not use keyboard as io capacilities, I can just use no input no output, does this influence?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

My project based on cypress cy5672 now function as following:

Press pair button, disconnect if connected, stop advertising if advertising, then remove the current bonded central from whiltelist, then reenable advertising. The ios will disconnect when I press pair/connect button on CY5672, but will connect back to it quickly, and since connected back , all buttons have no function.

0 Likes