How to connect CY8CKIT-042 with CY3280-SLM Universal CapSense Linear Slider Module?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sag_4314046
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I have executed example code given for CY8CKIT- 042 (CE210291_CapSense_P4_One_Button01.cydsn) and its working fine. I would like to connect CY3280-SLM Universal CapSense Linear Slider Module with CY8CKIT-042 and make use of the CapSense buttons on CY3280-SLM instead of Slider on CY8CKIT-042. I tried it by connecting the P1.1 pin (one of the CapSense pins) of CY8CKIT-042 with one of the CapSense buttons (out of 5) of CY3280-SLM Universal CapSense Linear Slider Module but it’s not working.

I have attached the main code used for CapSense Button of CY8CKIT-042.

Can anyone help me in connecting both the boards and suggest if any changes to be made in code?

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi,

Can you probe the pin and check if you get charging and discharging waveform?

Also check if you have connected the GND on 3280 board to PSoC.

Check by connecting it to some other unused pin in PSoC.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi,

Can you probe the pin and check if you get charging and discharging waveform?

Also check if you have connected the GND on 3280 board to PSoC.

Check by connecting it to some other unused pin in PSoC.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

Hi Bragadeesh,

Thanks for the reply. I have connected the Capsense switch of the 3280 board to one of the other(Excluding P1.1 to P1.5) GPIO pins of PSoC kit and it worked.

Is there any possibility of using the  slider pins (P1.1 to P1.5) as the normal GPIO pins? If yes, Kindly explain.

0 Likes

Hi sag_4314046​,

When you are trying to use the pins P1.1 TO P1.5 as GPIO, you can expect a very small delay due to the capacitance of the sensor pads connected it. Other than that it is not a problem. But please do not connect an external sensor pad to these pins since it is already connected to a sensor in the eval board.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes