cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 4 MCU

Anonymous
Not applicable

How many Current Consumption of PSoC4 4200 BLE chip?(I think using CY8C4248FNI-BL553)

By data sheet, I know active mode current is 1.7mA(3MHz),

but I want know current @ M0 Core running Max Frequency 48MHz.

I want total (max) current consumption(BT + M0 + Programmable block), and I can't find 'M0' current.

->where should I read?

->Any one measure real device? Please teach me the reference value?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
JoMe_264151
Expert II

When you look at a component's datasheet you will find a "XX.X uA/MHz" note. But because it is up to you which and how many components you use this information cannot be given for the complete chip.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
JoMe_264151
Expert II

This is a bit complicated to answer: the current depends on active components and their clock frequency, debug interface, radio state etc.

That is where the development kits are good for.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply, Bob.

>That is where the development kits are good for.

OK. I get your answer, and I have to measure current by dev kit.

In other hand, many processor's data sheet shows consumption current like "XX.X uA/MHz", and I want like that data.Because I want to estimate about/max current of the processor. 

Sorry.The data sheet says "Preliminary" state. So I think I cant get the data yet now.

(data sheet PSoC4 BLE 4200BLE)

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/datasheets/psoc-4-psoc-4xx8-ble-42-family-datasheet-programmabl...

0 Likes
JoMe_264151
Expert II

When you look at a component's datasheet you will find a "XX.X uA/MHz" note. But because it is up to you which and how many components you use this information cannot be given for the complete chip.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes