How many Energy Consumption PSoC4 4200 BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many Current Consumption of PSoC4 4200 BLE chip?(I think using CY8C4248FNI-BL553)

By data sheet, I know active mode current is 1.7mA(3MHz),

but I want know current @ M0 Core running Max Frequency 48MHz.

I want total (max) current consumption(BT + M0 + Programmable block), and I can't find 'M0' current.

->where should I read?

->Any one measure real device? Please teach me the reference value?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

When you look at a component's datasheet you will find a "XX.X uA/MHz" note. But because it is up to you which and how many components you use this information cannot be given for the complete chip.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

This is a bit complicated to answer: the current depends on active components and their clock frequency, debug interface, radio state etc.

That is where the development kits are good for.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply, Bob.

>That is where the development kits are good for.

OK. I get your answer, and I have to measure current by dev kit.

In other hand, many processor's data sheet shows consumption current like "XX.X uA/MHz", and I want like that data.Because I want to estimate about/max current of the processor. 

Sorry.The data sheet says "Preliminary" state. So I think I cant get the data yet now.

(data sheet PSoC4 BLE 4200BLE)

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/datasheets/psoc-4-psoc-4xx8-ble-42-family-datasheet-programmabl...

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

When you look at a component's datasheet you will find a "XX.X uA/MHz" note. But because it is up to you which and how many components you use this information cannot be given for the complete chip.

Bob

0 Likes