How can I program multiple PSOC 4 Devices (and maybe more) at once?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi folks!

I am working on a prototype which will involve having one arduino and 8 PSOC 4 devices (the cy8kit-049-42XX)'s communicating over I2C

The PSOC's will be running identical software (The only difference is the I2C Address which I intend to have it calculate at startup based on the PD across a voltage divider), and the arduino will be running entirely different code. 

Ideally I would like to be able to push future software updates (post release) to the arduino and all of the PSOCs over a single USB connection but I realise that this is likely to be incredibly difficult, and would settle for just being able to update the PSOCs together, so that it is less frustrating for the user.

Could anyone give me any advice here or point me in the direction of what I should be reading to learn how to do this?

Many thanks in advance,

Giga xoxoxo

0 Likes
1 Solution
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Jamie,

You can have a try with pulling down XRES pins of All PSoC chips and then release and program 1 by 1. I haven't done it before. Just an idea...

Thanks,

Ryan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should also add that I may need to be able to upload different versions of the code should the potential divider method not work due to the routing limitations of the PSOC4

0 Likes
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Jamie,

You can have a try with pulling down XRES pins of All PSoC chips and then release and program 1 by 1. I haven't done it before. Just an idea...

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes