How can I extract the Temperature&Humidity value from raw data?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, everyone

In my going project, we'd like to get temperature & humidity value in the room with node.js script on raspberry Pi and BLE sensors.

So I bought the CYALKIT-E02 , which includes solar powered ble sensor and ble usb dongle.

The RDK supplies sample application to get the temperature and humidity value from cypress solar powered ble sensors and display that value

for iOS, Android and PC.

I tried iOS application Cypress BLE-Beacon, it works fine, but i don't know how to extract temperature and humidity values from beacon data in my original ble application on node.js.

I think there is RAWdata from beacon and it includes temperature and humidity values or something converted value.

Is there any source or document to know this logic?

Thanks,

0 Likes
3 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

After the dongle reads the Ble data it converts it to data which you should be able to read into a terminal program running on you Raspberry Pi. Just like the data on the Normal ble beacon.  Just add a Uart component and you should be able to read the data.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

The location of the data is explained in the Cypress BLE-Beacon™ PC User Guide, Doc. No. 002-12445 Rev.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Here is where the data is located.

0 Likes