How I create a stack & application cyacd file combined?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LuDi_2288466
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello,

I am using CYBLE-212020-01 modules which sends and receives some values over BLE from App.

I use Over-the -Air (OTA) firmware update.

The workspace encloses three projects functions are as follows:

1. Launcher project

The purpose of the project is to:

- Start either the Stack or Application project image

- Copy the Stack project image from a temporary location to the persistent location (just after the Launcher project image).

2. Stack project (contains the BLE Stack)

The purpose of the project is to:

- Host the BLE Stack

-  Upgrade the Application project image

-  Upgrade the Stack project image itself

-  Receive updates for the Stack project image itself or for the Application project image

3. Custom Apllication Project

The Stack project is the bootloader.

I have a build that creates a stack.cyacd and app.cyacd. 

I would like to combine the two to take advantage of the "Application and stack (combined) update" option of CySmart App.

The reason for this is that my application is using Upgradeable Stack project and so application image must match the correct stack or else device will not boot / operate correctly. 

With two separate files, it is easy for client to update incorrectly and "brick" the device.

How can I either create the "combined update" file during build or combine the separate stack and app .cyacd files?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Lucia

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @LuDi_2288466 ,

The CyMCUElfTool allows you to merge multiple applications (Stack + Custom App) into a single elf file. You can then generate the .cyacd2 file from this combined elf. 

To understand how you can do this please refer to the Section "Merging ELF Files for Multiple Applications into a Single ELF File" and "Generating a Flash patch (.cyacd2) File for use with the Bootloader
SDK" in the document attached. 

Please refer this KBA for more information: https://community.cypress.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Combine-Dual-application-Bootloadable-Hex-F...

Hope this helps 🙂

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @LuDi_2288466 ,

The CyMCUElfTool allows you to merge multiple applications (Stack + Custom App) into a single elf file. You can then generate the .cyacd2 file from this combined elf. 

To understand how you can do this please refer to the Section "Merging ELF Files for Multiple Applications into a Single ELF File" and "Generating a Flash patch (.cyacd2) File for use with the Bootloader
SDK" in the document attached. 

Please refer this KBA for more information: https://community.cypress.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Combine-Dual-application-Bootloadable-Hex-F...

Hope this helps 🙂

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes