Help finding Clock Output Component for PSoC 4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
joli_601446
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes given 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hello, I found a great article that explains how to use a clock output on the PSoC 4:

http://www.cypress.com/blog/psoc-sensei-blog/using-clocks-psoc-4

Scroll down to where it has

"This is not allowed on PSoC 4 since clocks can't be used as data signals.  However, PSoC 4 has some new pin capabilities and they allow the clock to be sent directly to a pin.  In fact there are a bunch of new clocking capabilities for pins.  Right now I'll just take a look at the one that allows this function to be implemented with PSoC 4."

There you will see the component that I can't seem to find in the PSoc Creator. Can someone help me find this "Pins" component?

Thanks,

Joe

0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

They are under Ports and Pins There is a Digital input pin and a Digital output pin and a Bidirectional pin. There is also an analog pin but that wouldn't be used as a Clock pin. Here is some  information on this.

0 Likes
joli_601446
Level 5
Level 5

bobgoar,

Hi, thanks for the pdf file. I am aware of those pins but when I drop them in the schematic page the symbol does not look like the symbol in the document I referenced. Maybe the answer is in the pdf file which I will read. If you know please share the answer with me.

Thanks,

Joe

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        It is done in the configuration for the pin . See the example in the using clock pins that you referenced in the first post.   
0 Likes
joli_601446
Level 5
Level 5

Got it! Thank you very much. Now I'm working on how to make a Gated Clock when a Shift Register is shifting out the data.

Joe

0 Likes