Hello, I am Using CY8C4246AZI-M443 and PSoC creator refuse the I2C on port P7.0 and P7.1: function cannot be reached from this pin. This pin should have SCB[3]. Why does it not work?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
1 Solution

Boris,

Have you tried to install additional devices using the menu "Tools->Find new devices"?

GS004583.png

I am not installing additional devices due to some reasons.

Or "Tools->Find new components" may be effective to revise some components with new one.

Regards,

Noriaki

View solution in original post

7 Replies
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Because CY8C4246AZI-M443 has three SCBs and SCB[3] cannot be assigned.  Please refer the ordering information table on the "PSoC® 4: PSoC 4200M Datasheet"

GS004580.png

It was found that all 48-TQFP packages have three SCBs.  Please use 64-TQFP or 68-QFN.

Regards,

Noriaki

Hello,

Yes I know it has only 3 SCB, but only 2 are reachable.

SCB0 on port 1 or 4

SCB1 on port 0 or 2 or 3

SCB2: on port 5: not available on this model

SCB3: on port 6 or 7

2019-11-05_140522.jpg

How can I use the 3 SCB on this model?

Kind Regards,

Boris

0 Likes

Boris,

I tried putting three EZI2C components only.

GS004581.png

When built, PSoC Creator says there is no solution.

GS004582.png

So, I recognized that this MPN cannot have three SCBs regardless of the datasheet description.

I don't know why SCB[3] is disabled instead of SCB[2] on this MPN.

Does anyone have an idea?

Regards,

Noriaki

0 Likes

Hello Noriaki,

One of my collegue tryed it on his computer, and he succeded to use 3 SCB on the same PSoC.

The question is: why does it not work on my computer?

I have installed the last software (psoc Creator) downloaded on Cypress web site.

I didn't found where the MPN definition files are stored. Perhapst it is linked to such files.

2019-11-06.jpg

0 Likes

Boris,

Have you tried to install additional devices using the menu "Tools->Find new devices"?

GS004583.png

I am not installing additional devices due to some reasons.

Or "Tools->Find new components" may be effective to revise some components with new one.

Regards,

Noriaki

Hello Noriaki,

I tryed it. It seems not to have worked. I tryed the solution of Bibi. It worked.

I tryied to open my original project: now it works.

I think it was necessary to close the project and reopen after "find new device" operation.

Thank all lot (at all) for your help.

Kinds Regards,

Boris.

0 Likes

Hello Boris.

To narrow down where the issue is, have your colleague archive the project and pass it to you.  Then, open it on your computer.

Archiving a PSoC Creator Design

You can try all 3 different archive types (Minimal, Complete, Bundle) to see which one breaks down on your computer.

Hope this helps.

Bill