Getting NRF24L01 working with PSoC4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Afternoon Everyone,

So I have been working on this code for a few weeks. I have downloaded a few examples in other languages and translated as best as Google could and Im still having difficulty getting this to work. I will post the project files below but first some info on where im gathering all my info from.

nRF24l01 datasheet https://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Components/SMD/nRF24L01Pluss_Preliminary_Product_Specification_v...

another student who tried this on the forums a few months back. Bob Marlowe seemed to help him a lot however the student never responded if he finished it or not

http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-4-architecture/connecting-psoc-4-and-nrf24l01-using-spi-guitar-wir...

Im using his most recent code and trying to redo it. Using his transmitter code on my Scope im getting a signal out and when i flip my switch the signal changes to reflect that. So i think I have the transmission working as intended. Again im not sure as i have no serial monitor nor does the receiver work to get an LED to flash yet.

Im not expecting anyone to look at this and fix everything at once im hoping for someone to point out what I should do next or some glaring error like you forgot to do SPI_Enable();

all i want to do is send a 1 or 0 over radio. I am building a home security system for a project in my Engineering class. Thanks to anyone who can help.

0 Likes
8 Replies
MaLo_1836446
Level 3
Level 3

I am the author of this by the way We had to create 3 accounts to get around the access denied error.

0 Likes
lock attach
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Try this example it transmits and receive in one program . Also update your Psoc Creator to the latest version. Also there is a PDF that explains the information.

0 Likes
MaLo_1836446
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks Bobgoar
My Teammates and I will try that tomorrow morning when we get back to the lab.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        On your orginal program increase your heep size from 0x080 to 0x400 or 0x800 that may help.   
0 Likes
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 likes received
        Nrf24l01 component already created by Carlos for PSoC5 059 board. Maybe this will make your work a little easier nRF24 Custom Component: http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-community-components/nrf24-custom-component#comment-352016   
0 Likes
MaLo_1836446
Level 3
Level 3

@pavloven

So I translated your code from Russian to English. (Not that it needed to be I just translated your comments), After compiling both i get the Tx led to stop flashing so the way I understand your code means the packets are being sent. I will continue to work off your code to see if i can get the desired output. Thank you so much for this first step in the right direction.

@bobgoar. I attempted to use the SPI tutorial however it did not work after i put about an hour into it, I believe the issue is with the NRF you need to write to their registry to put them in Tx or Rx mode.

I will update this later today as I get the code to work or get stuck. Again thank you to everyone.

0 Likes
MaLo_1836446
Level 3
Level 3

We did it... I will post an updated project code in a bit but we got it.

0 Likes
lock attach
MaLo_1836446
Level 3
Level 3

Ok so I added a few things and consider it to be very simple, I will keep working on it and trying to make it more straightforward. However, It is spring break and this was the only thing on my todo list so now I believe I will go relax for a bit and work on this more tomorrow.

0 Likes