Fails to perform CyBle_Start(), any idea ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PHBR_4374921
Level 1
Level 1

I have a firmware that fails performing the CyBle_Start() function on some platforms.

Using the same firmware, works on some platforms, fails on others.

During the intialisation, the CyBoot_IntDefaultHandler_Exception_EntryCallback() is trigged, while accessing to the 0x402E10D8 register.

(Writing 0058 to this register) using DEBUGGER, the area is full of FF FF (i suppose not mapped into memory)

I've done step by step follow up in assembly to find the <Faulty> condition. (Write access to register 0x402010D8)

I try to figure out, why such initialization failure.

Can it be related to the clocking of the IP ?
In order to have very low power, I'm using IMO 3 Mhz.

Thanks for your support.

Philippe

Ce message a été modifié par : PHILIPPE BRESSY Modules : CYBLE214009-00 or CYBLE214015-01, got the same behaviour on both modules. The same firmware, work or does not work depending on platform. Works on one platform, then stop to work. Is there any 'integrity checking firmware' provide by CYPRESS, able to test the CYBLE214009/15 modules for internal failure ?

0 Likes
6 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

For BLE operation, the BLE ECO is mandatory. Can you attach your FW and tell the platforms on which  the FW run with failure?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

The platforms are : CYBLE 214009-00 and CYBLE214015-01.

On both platforms, I have some devices that are not funtionnal (fails during CyBle_Start()), but most of them run properly. The same firmwares.
I have to create a dedicated version for each platform.

So, i do not really understand your BLE ECO remark.

As far as the firmware work on a CYBLE2114009, it should work on all of them ? no ?

Thanks for your support.

0 Likes

You meant the same firmware works on some platforms and fails on some other platform, for CYBLE214015-01? and always works finely on platform on CYBLE 214009-00?

If it's the case, you can try to create a Failure Anlysis case from Cypress offical website, or seek help from local distribtor/CY sales/FAE.

0 Likes

I will contact Cypress Failure Analysis.
Both platforms, CYBLE 214009-00 and CYBLE214015-01 exhibit such problem.

Thanks

0 Likes

Not able to find the Failure Analysis reporting on Cypress Website !

0 Likes

Before conducting a FA case, I'd like to check with you more details of this issue.

a. Could you tell the specific code line in which the CyBoot_IntDefaultHandler_Exception_EntryCallback() is triggered?

b. Have you ever try other project on both platform? what if BLE is not involved?

c. How did you mount the modules? manually soldered them?

d. IMO(3MHz) only used for main system? what if you change the IMO clock?

0 Likes