Failed to reacquire device Miniprog4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaLo_1836446
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

Im getting a failed to reacquire device using MiniProg4 and Creator 4.3.

It was programming fine a few minutes ago but now it stopped. The last change I remember doing was changing the baud rate on the Uart SCB.

I also installed the driver kit for the CYUSBS232 before it stopped working.

When I plug the programmer into the pins the PSoC 4 chip shows up in creator and can connect to it. When I hit OK/ program it freezes and eentually says There was an error while programming the device: failed to reacquire the device.

The MiniProg 4 USB-UART shows up in device manager under ports

Thanks for any help.

Maxwell

0 Likes
1 Solution

The chip on the board is likely damaged as I originally shorted VCCD and VDDD together, I since cut the VCCD pin off and it was working but I was advised it may break.

I have a new PCB on its way and backup MCUs so when the PCB arrives I will try this again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi MaLo_1836446​,

Can you please check the Port Configuration settings of MiniProg4? You can find this in Tools > Options > Program/Debug >Port Configuration > MiniProg4 as shown.

pastedImage_0.png

If this doesn't help, please try to connect to the device using PSoC Programmer and share the screenshot/log when trying to program the device.

The MiniProg 4 USB-UART shows up in device manager under ports

Can you please share a screenshot of this?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

cypress.PNG

0 Likes

Hi MaLo_1836446​,

Glad your issue is resolved. Please let us know if you face this in the future.

this tells me the miniprog is not sending the reset signal?

As you are using RESET mode of programming the PSoC 4 device is reset by the MiniProg4 itself using the XRES line. Unplugging the board might have reset the configurations of both MiniProg 4 and the target which could be the reason why it is working again for you.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

The issue is still present and the only way to make it work is to continue to unplug and replug while the programming action is in process.

I am using the reset mode of programming as shown above

0 Likes

Hi MaLo_1836446,

Can you upgrade the MiniProg4 firmware using PSoC Programmer? You can do this by clicking the Upgrade Firmware button in the Utilities tab as shown -

pastedImage_0.png

Once the upgrade is successful try to program the device using the PSoC Programmer and attach the screenshot of the PSoC Programmer during programming.

Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

How do I program the device with Programmer. Where would the hex file be for it as well?

0 Likes

cypress2.PNG

0 Likes

Is your device externally powered? The MiniProg4 is detecting the target voltage to be 1.8 V but the programming voltage is set to 5 V. The mismatch in the programming voltage might be the reason for the issue. Can you confirm the voltage supplied to the target device?

Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

cypress2.PNG

0 Likes

The chip on the board is likely damaged as I originally shorted VCCD and VDDD together, I since cut the VCCD pin off and it was working but I was advised it may break.

I have a new PCB on its way and backup MCUs so when the PCB arrives I will try this again.

0 Likes

Sure, if you face the same issue with the new device or anytime in the future, please feel free to create a new thread and we will help you out with the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
MaLo_1836446
Level 3
Level 3

Update I got it to program by unplugging the miniprog from the board and replugging it in a few times, this tells me the miniprog is not sending the reset signal?

0 Likes