Error running the Programmer to configure the device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was using CY8CKIT-042-BLE very successfully.  However, recently I have found this annoying error:  There was an error running the Programmer to configure the device . Related to some earlier posts I have tried changing the cable, adjusted the speed of programming via Tools > Options > Program/Debug > Port Configuration.  

I suspected corruption in the base board and attempted an upgrade of firmware with no improvement.

I have tried to get support from Cypress with a polite but not very helpful response.

Do I just abandon Cypress or buy a new kit?  Sadly I was about to start telling my contacts what a wonderful thing the Cypress kit is.

Regards

Mike

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

It might be that your Kitprog is in the wrong mode for programming. Hold down the reset switch for more than 10 seconds until the green LED turns off and then to a steady light.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        There is not an easy answer to your question as it has lots of potential causes. What version of windows, what version of Psoc Creator are you using, what version is your programer are you using, is the kitprog showing up in your device manager? What kit are you using? Is your program okay? Please send your program so we can test it.   
0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        What are the led lights doing on the Pioneer board?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response:

The programmer is appearing in Device Manager under portable devices as "KitProg".

In PSOC programmer port selection the programmer is appearing as CMSIS-DAP/246634. and comes with the followoing messages:
"Device set to CY7C65215-32LTXI at 17:13:41                | 32768  FLASH bytes"
"Device Family set to CY7C65210 at 17:13:41                | "
"Successfully Connected to CMSIS-DAP/246634 at 17:13:41    | CMSIS-DAP Version 1.0"
"CheckSum Finished at 17:16:55                             | 
                                                          | FAILED! PSoC device is not acquired! Check connection of the chip to the programmer
                                                          | 
"Please, check the following items: 
                                                          |  - the connection between the programmer and the PSoC; 
                                                          |  - the correct programming protocol is selected; 
                                                          |  - the correct connector option is selected.

This is Windows 10.

The kit is CY8CKIT-042-BLE which is also on the baseboard.
The daughter board is CY8C4247LQ1-BL483.
The power LED is glowing orange.
The Status LED is fading up and down in green at a rate of about 1 hz.  When I try to program this flickers at about 50hz until failure.

As to programs, I have not written anything of my own, I have simply been following the get started programs from http://www.cypress.com/training/psoc-101-video-tutorial-series-how-use-arm-cortex-m0-based-psoc-4
Even the ready written programs fail.

PSOC creator is version 4.0 Update 1  (4.0.0.432)

Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem!

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

It might be that your Kitprog is in the wrong mode for programming. Hold down the reset switch for more than 10 seconds until the green LED turns off and then to a steady light.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You cold try also to re-flash the programmer. I had a diff rent issue with kitprog, but it solved the problem.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holding down the reset for 10 seconds seems to have done the trick. Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You are always welcome.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too had the same problem. I noticed that KitProg USB-UART (COMxx) was no longer appearing under Ports (COM & LP) in device manager. So I was in the process of re-installing the USB drivers when I stumbled upon this post. The CY8CKIT-042-BLE  programmer had been working well for months. Just curious. What mode might it have gotten into and why. Anyway, I'm back working again.

Holding down reset for 10 seconds did the trick!

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes