Emulated EEPROM with ECO for CY8CKIT-149

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YoIs_1298666
Level 5
Level 5
250 sign-ins 100 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hello,

I am using an ECO-based PLL0 clock as HFCLK, but when I execute Em_EEPROM_1_Write (), it automatically switches the clock to IMO.

YoIs_1298666_0-1616316211826.png

When I execute Em_EEPROM_1_Write (), it switches from PLL0 to IMO. Can EZI2C and Timer continue to operate without executing EZI2C_Stop () and Timer_Stop ()?

YoIs_1298666_2-1616316587023.png

Best regards,

Yocchi

0 Likes
1 Solution
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi,

Can you please refer to the PSoC 4 System Reference Guide Flash Section which I have attached below.

https://www.cypress.com/file/220431/download

Can EZI2C and Timer continue to operate without executing EZI2C_Stop () and Timer_Stop ()?

>>You should stop the EZI2C and Timer before calling the Em_EEPROM_1_Write () API because there may be some glitches during the communication.

>>If it is not possible to stop, then you should make sure the IMO and ECO are same.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Alakananda_BG

Hi,

Can you please refer to the PSoC 4 System Reference Guide Flash Section which I have attached below.

https://www.cypress.com/file/220431/download

Can EZI2C and Timer continue to operate without executing EZI2C_Stop () and Timer_Stop ()?

>>You should stop the EZI2C and Timer before calling the Em_EEPROM_1_Write () API because there may be some glitches during the communication.

>>If it is not possible to stop, then you should make sure the IMO and ECO are same.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hello Alakananda-san,

Thank you very much for your help.

What does the following mean?

Does it mean setting HFCLK to IMO without using ECO?

> If it is not possible to stop, then you should make sure the IMO and ECO are same.

Best regards,

Yocchi

0 Likes
Alakananda_BG

Hi,

Does it mean setting HFCLK to IMO without using ECO?

>>Yes. You have to use IMO to route to HFCLK

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hello Alakananda-san,

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Yocchi

0 Likes