Direct Test Mode project, anything supposed to happen?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnWa_1259496
Level 4
Level 4
Welcome! 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Getting ready to send a design to a test house, I am trying the Cypress DTM project.

I reconfigured the pins in the project as explained in the Pioneer Kit documentation to use the inbuilt serial port on the kit, which I already use extensively for development debugging so I know it works to a terminal program on the PC.

But nothing is sent via the port to the terminal. I am aware the DTM mode is supposed to be driven by a tester but surely some kind of characters should be sent via the serial port and should be some response (even if error) when something is sent?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

The DTM project is waiting for commands and there are no startup messages that you'll receive over the terminal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The DTM project is waiting for commands and there are no startup messages that you'll receive over the terminal.

0 Likes
AnWa_1259496
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks for this. 

On the subject of testing I am very confused to be told by the test house that the antenna and coupling components on the board need to be disconnected and replaced with a direct SMA connector.

This makes no sense to me at all, I thought the whole point of the testing was to test the RF section including the PCB layout, coupling components and antenna. According to info I have read, testing is required if the RF section differs from a certified type, which mine does, but this RF section is not being tested!

Anyway, when connecting the SMA lead to the board, should I remove the RF components which are the inductor and capacitor?

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        Not necessary to do that. They have spring loaded SMA probes to allow testing of RF circuits.   
0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
        Are you testing one device or production?   
0 Likes
AnWa_1259496
Level 4
Level 4

This is one device, for Bluetooth SIG qualification.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

The Air Coplanar Probe is a rugged microwave probe with a compliant tip for accurate, repeatable measurements on-wafer. It features excellent probe-tip visibility and the lowest loss available. Available as both single and dual, the ACP probe combines outstanding electrical performance with precise probe mechanics. But if it is a one up unit the I would add the SMA it is cheaper and quicker that ordering a special probe.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi AndyWarne,

I am going to try this project as well. But I am bit confused about the interconnection between the devices. Can you please explain to me how it is? Do you also use the R&S CBT?

Thanks,

Daryanto

0 Likes