Device not Recognised

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, my PSoC Creator 4.2 doesn't recognise my device, I'm using a CY8C4248 LQI-BL583, the same as the development board CY8CKIT-142. The circuit is the same as the kit board CY8CKIT-143A, drawing 630-60247-01, which programmes fine, but when I try to program my board it doesn't recognise it. I've tried using the PSoC 3 Creator, but again my board isn't recognised....it tells me its a Cortex M0, but nothing else. Any ideas or suggestions would be gratefully received.

0 Likes
1 Solution

You need at least 5 signals to program your PSoC:

VCC

GND

XRES

SDA

SCL

Did you remove the connection from J2 to the original PSoC? Having 2 chips in parallel will not work.

I usually use the 5-pin interface, a miniprog2 or a kitprog to program external modules.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Some guys here are really good in checking your schematic. Please upload it here. What programmer are you using?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

it really is the same as the the schematic circuit diagram from cypress, which i've attached a link http://www.cypress.com/file/232296/download. We are using the SW signals, XRES, VDDD  and GND signals from the 10 x 2 header (J2) from the development kit board, pins 2,4,6,8 and 10 to program our device through a header. We've checked for shorts on the board and checked the cable running from the header to our device.

Dave

0 Likes

You need at least 5 signals to program your PSoC:

VCC

GND

XRES

SDA

SCL

Did you remove the connection from J2 to the original PSoC? Having 2 chips in parallel will not work.

I usually use the 5-pin interface, a miniprog2 or a kitprog to program external modules.

Bob

0 Likes