Device (CYBL10162-56LQXI) not appearing on the device manager, Creator 4.2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GaRo_3769926
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

Hello! This is my first time posting on the forum, so I apologise in advance for the mistakes I will do.

I'm trying to make a program with Creator 4.2 for the CYBL10162-56LQXI chip, but the chip doesn't appear in the device manager. Even if I remove all the filters of the device selection, I've thoroughly searched for it and it's simply not there, in fact I don't see any CYBL chips, closest are CYBLE. I've tried updating everything I could update through the Cypress Update application, I've also tried installing the CY8CKIT-042 pack, and to no avail. I would love to know why this is happening, because I can't find any solution.

Thank you very much in advance

Gabriel

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Gabriel,

I think that the "problem" comes because when you re install, the updater updates the database of devices on PC4.2. I don't put my hand on the fire but quasi sure that you didn't update your laptop (neither your colleagues) (tools-> Find new devices; Tools -> find new components) or when the updater of CY emerges saying new version to install or update, you didn't make it

I had to update my PC4.2 (via Tools....) because one customer didn't find a new P4S. I've just checked and I don't have a PRoC family neither. I remember a message that said  "removing PNs, adding PNs or something similar)

Regarding to program a ProC with a code generated for a PSoC BLE, I think isn't possible. If I'm not wrong (CY guys have to corroborate it) when you generate the code, in some place appears a reference to your device. Programmer check this reference; if it's doesn't match, Programmer says "not possible to program" (It's a thing that I commented several times and under my point of view is a bit stupid).

B.R.

Gil

View solution in original post

6 Replies
SayaniS_66
10 likes received First like received

Hello,

Please make the following selections and check in the device selector for that particular device.

CPU - Cortex M0

Family - PSoC 4

Series - PRoC BLE

Package - 56QFN

I am attaching a screenshot of my PSoC Creator 4.2 where the device is available.

-Sayani.

0 Likes

I've tried putting the filters you say in the device manager, and it doesn't appear. Furthermore, once I filter for "Cortex M0" and "PRoC BLE", the "56QFN" package doesn't even appear as an option. Thing is, I've personally checked even the list without filters several times (in which it should appear, because less filters -> more devices), and it isn't there even without filtering. How come it doesn't even appear before filtering? It simply isn't in the device selector!

Thank you very much for your response

Gabriel

0 Likes

Hi,

PN CYBL10162-56LQXI is a PRoC BLE and isn't recommended for new design (as chip). Other thing is modules based on it, that they are in  production.

In fact, PRoC BLE family is in that situation (repeat, at chip level).

You can use any member of PsoC4 BLE family. All of them are pin to pin compatible and with same package

in the kit 042-BLE you have one of the "child" board with this chip (PCB color red).

more info:

PRoC BLE

https://www.cypress.com/products/proprietary-24-ghz-rf

https://www.cypress.com/products/proc-ble-bluetooth-smart

PSoC4 BLE:

https://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-4-ble-bluetooth-smart  (see all tabs)

B.R.

Gil

Hello Gil, thank you for the response.

Yes, the pin correspondence is 1 to 1, but I still don't know why, even though not supported, the chip is not appearing. It appears on my laptop, it appears on my collegues' computers, but on my work computer it isn't there, even after uninstalling and reinstalling everything from Cypress that I had on my computer. I'm currently doing the project in my laptop since it works there, but I really don't know the reasons!

If I design the program for a package-compatible PSoC4BLE device, will it be able to get programmed into my PRoC even if the chip doesn't appear in the Device Selector?

Thank you again for your response

Gabriel

0 Likes

Hi Gabriel,

I think that the "problem" comes because when you re install, the updater updates the database of devices on PC4.2. I don't put my hand on the fire but quasi sure that you didn't update your laptop (neither your colleagues) (tools-> Find new devices; Tools -> find new components) or when the updater of CY emerges saying new version to install or update, you didn't make it

I had to update my PC4.2 (via Tools....) because one customer didn't find a new P4S. I've just checked and I don't have a PRoC family neither. I remember a message that said  "removing PNs, adding PNs or something similar)

Regarding to program a ProC with a code generated for a PSoC BLE, I think isn't possible. If I'm not wrong (CY guys have to corroborate it) when you generate the code, in some place appears a reference to your device. Programmer check this reference; if it's doesn't match, Programmer says "not possible to program" (It's a thing that I commented several times and under my point of view is a bit stupid).

B.R.

Gil

Hello Gil.

That seems like a reasonable explanation. I'll have to check whether my laptop is updated or not (after I finish this project of course). I'd like to be sure about the issue to prevent similar stuff from happening in the future. If you don't have the CYBL products either, it's probably the same reason. I still don't get why "not supported"->"not able to program it". I'd expect to have to deal with outdated libraries, but not outright being unable to use creator with it.

Thank you for your response, have a great day

Gabriel

0 Likes