Description PWR_BOD_KEY

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

In Document PSoC 4100/4200 Family PSoC 4 Registers TRM ,Spec #001-85847 RevA page 474 - Chapter 19.1.11 PWR_BOD_KEY.

It is described that KEY16 shall be copied to key, but is meant with key?

0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bits  Name     Description

15 : 0 KEY16 To detect brown-outs firmware should do this on boot:

1. Set key= KEY16

2. Set KEY16= 0x3A71

3. If key==0x3A71 this was a brown-out event.

Default: 0x0000

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

To be honest: I do not yet understand what you want to perform. The registers listed in the TRM are very rarely used by us developers since the Cypress IDE (Creator 3.2) handles most of the required jobs with the component's APIs.

Can you tell us what you want to have done?

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Have you looked at system ref guide for LVD APIs -

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/component-datasheets/psoc-creator-system-reference-guide-cyboot...

Use of register based programming was extensively used in PSOC 1, and certainly will

continue to be useful in PSOC 3/4/5LP families for core level configuration and even more

flexibility. You have to be careful as there are many sub notes typically with reg programming

that cover impact of doing a specific reg mod and warnings.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes

Can you help please , trying to write to the CYREG_PWR_BOD_KEY , with no success, psoc 4  is stuck.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Bob and Dana,

I'm sorry, I'm a developer for big series production so I'm not able to update my tools just because there is something new. I need to stick my tested versions. I hope you can understand my concerns. I would use the API's if they would work for my satisfaction and if they cover my wishes.

I just want to activate the brown-out detection. I found no way where it is described where I could activate it or which level will be used.

Alright, I searched the document for brown-out and found this chapter: uint32 CySysGetResetReason(uint32 reason). But there is no description for the brown-out detection itself, its not mentioned in the reset causes and furthermore there is no hint how this detection must be activated.

Regards, Chris

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Look at Help, System Ref Guide, then System Functions to set it up.

To handle the ISR place global system ref component, under System component tab,

and attach an ISR component to it.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

In Cypress Capsense solution, we found Cp greater than 45pF, it seems we can not use Auto-tuning way , it will disable the button.

If Cypress capsense solution can deal with this application case  when Cp > 45pF  ? and how ?

Thanks a lot in advance .

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help. I'll create a case on this and let you know about the results. 🙂

Regards, Chris

0 Likes