Debugging variables ...

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, when I debugging Cortex M0 from STM32 I can see the changing of program variables in debug session in "real time" without stopping the program. Thanks to SWD. In case of PSoC4 Pionerr Kit 042 in debug session I do not see the behavior of program variables. And only if I stop by any of breakpoints the states of all variables in watch window will be updated. 

So is it correct behavior of PSoC Creator IDE? Is it possible to see the behavior of any variable in memory in "real time" without halting executing of  program ? As I know it is a possibility of CortexM0 architecture and should be available in all CortexM0 SoC.

Thank you. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
EmHo_296241
Level 5
Level 5
10 solutions authored 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

It is not possible in PSoC Creator. May be 3rd party tools can be checked for this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The real-time variable "watch"ing is supported on JTAG connections, and thus Cypress support might have more information; However, since the Miniprog3 and some of the other debugger/programmers use SWIO to debug, it might be unsupported for the SWIO interface.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. 

0 Likes
EmHo_296241
Level 5
Level 5
10 solutions authored 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

It is not possible in PSoC Creator. May be 3rd party tools can be checked for this.

0 Likes