Debug Project with ULink2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I'm working on a project using PSoC 4 CYC8CKIT-42xx dev board.

I'm trying different experiments with it, in particular I've exported whole project to KEIL IDE. 

Now I'm able to compile and download to flash my project through KEIL uVision with MiniProg3 programmer/adapter.

Next step has been to do the same with different programmer/debbuger. So I've changed my projects settings on KEIL to use ULink2.

Now, I'm able to download my project to flash but I'm not able to debug it through ULink2 and SWD interface on the same pins used with MiniProg3.

My question is if is it possible?

What am I doing wrong? Are there particular settings to set?

Every time I try to enter in debug mode with Keil I have foillowing response:

1st tab) Cannot acces target

2nd tab) Error: could not load kkk.axf file. Debugger aborted

If anyone can help me it will very apprecited!

Many thanks

PS: PSoC rocks!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would double check that the ULink2 uses the same serial protocol for debugging that the miniprog3 does.

It could be that they can both flash to the chip the same way, but they might have different protocols for debugging. (Programming might be different too, causing the chip flashing to false pass, but idk about that)

You do need to verify that the SWD pins on the chip are set to DEBUG and not GPIO in the PSoC creator project System settings.

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

Please find the document link

http://www.cypress.com/file/123491/download

Best Regards,
VSRS

0 Likes