Cypress programmer tool cannot accept hex file

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

When load hex file for verification, GUI show hex file is not match with acquire device. Try example Psoc4.hex and Psoc4A.hex from installation folder also same. Device PN is CY8C4124LQI-S433

0 Likes
14 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hall: Please post your complete code so we can check it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bobgoar

What do you mean code? I'm doing with GUI. Do you mean image hex file or?

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

I am suspecting that the behavior is due to mismatch in the device for which the project was compiled and the target device to which it was programmed. Can you please do the following:

a) Download latest version of PSoC Creator.
b) Compile the program for the particular device on which you are trying to program.
c) Program the device with the new hex file.

Best Regards,
VSRS

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi vsrs

Thank you for your reply however i never had experience of what you are asking. The image file was supplied from another party. I just need to verify the content from the device against with hex file. I'm also curious why default hex file in installation folder psoc4.hex and psoc4a.hex also have same issue. Can you help to check that?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The programmer verifies that the HEX file and the physical chip are the same device (The HEX file holds data indicating which chip it was programmed for).

If they mismatch, then the programmer will throw the error and refuse to program the hex file into the device.

If the device you have is not a PSoC 4, then it will refuse to program the default hex files in the installation folder as well.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.e.pratt_1639216

I understand the concept on what you are explaining. That's why i tried to find another hex file to load in. Do you mean CY8C4124LQI-S433 not PSOC4? Also the hex file from my third party which should be dedicated for my board. I'm very curious now. Can you let me know what my device family?

I'm expecting Cypress support can check and provide the right solution but until now still no. That's quite disappointed me as the support is slow.

0 Likes
Vasanth

Hi,

Do you have PSoC Creator installed in your system. Please go to File -> Code examples. There in device family select your device family. For your device CY8C4124LQI-S433 the family will be 4100s. You can test some simple project like breathing LED or something. Build the project and get the hex file. If you can program the current hex file created there should not be any problem. If you have the creator project from which the hex file was created by the external vendor, you can always check the device in the workspace explorer. You can right click on the project and go to device selector. There you can select the right device and build again to generate the right hex file. Please let us know.

Best Regards,
VSRS

0 Likes
lock attach
Vasanth

Hi Hall,

To give more info, PSoC 4 family has wide range of devices in different subclass. It can be PSoC 4000, PSoC 4000S, PSoC 4100, PSoC 4100M, PSoC 4100S,PSoC 4100 BLE, PSoC 4200, PSoC 4200L,PSoC 4200M,PSoC 4200BLE. Even in these there are so many devices. So first you have to do is confirm whether the device is same in your project. If not use the device selector to change it. Please see the attached images.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi VSRS

Thank you for your advice. I'm not involve in project development and have no s/w and programmer to try now. I also have no project file of the current hex file was created. The reason i did not request them because i need to know first what the problem is. If possible you can give me the example hex file for my device? If we can point to that the hex file is really wrong then we can ask them to check again.

0 Likes
lock attach
Vasanth

Hi Hall,

Could you please check programming the file attached. Change the file extension from txt to hex before programming.

Best Regards,
VSRS

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi VSRS

Thank you for the file. I revisited the device spec and found that the device has flash 16KB while the hex file I got previously is bigger size compared to your size so i think should be hex file issue when they compile the hex file. I will request the new hex file again and will try your hex file if i got board and programmer tool back. Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds like the HEX file is a program for a different chip; Different chips have different flash sizes: E.G. 16kB, 32kB,64kB,128kB,256kB

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes e.pratt_1639216. They changed the new part without prior inform and the board i got seem load with old part. Now i'm waiting new board to try again. They notice when I explained them about the size of the flash vs hex file. Thank you for all help here.

0 Likes
Vasanth

Happy to know that the issue is resolved 🙂

0 Likes