Cypress CYBLE-222014-01 BLE: Choosing BLE operating channel

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Chris
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

I am using the CYBLE-222014-01 BLE and would like to carry out a test whereby data is sent over Bluetooth but using only 1 particular channel particularly channel 0, 19 and 39. From previous searches I found out that this could possible be done by using Cysmart but I am still lost as to what is supposed to be done. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

There is no option for selecting particular data channel in Cysmart. If your device is in Master role, then you can use the APIs CyBle_GapGetChannelMap() and CyBle_GapcSetHostChannelClassification() for configuring Data Channel mapping. Please refer to the BLE component datasheet for more information on this APIs.
BLE devices use 3 BLE advertising channels(37,38 and 39) for transmission of advertising packets of various types. These channels carry advertising channel PDUs. If you want to send the data in particular advertising channel, then you can set specific advertisement channel from the BLE Component(In the BLE component, Go to Gap Settings -> Advertisement Settings -> Advertising channel map).

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

There is no option for selecting particular data channel in Cysmart. If your device is in Master role, then you can use the APIs CyBle_GapGetChannelMap() and CyBle_GapcSetHostChannelClassification() for configuring Data Channel mapping. Please refer to the BLE component datasheet for more information on this APIs.
BLE devices use 3 BLE advertising channels(37,38 and 39) for transmission of advertising packets of various types. These channels carry advertising channel PDUs. If you want to send the data in particular advertising channel, then you can set specific advertisement channel from the BLE Component(In the BLE component, Go to Gap Settings -> Advertisement Settings -> Advertising channel map).

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.