Cyclic redundancy check

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Rishabh
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello , 

I am trying to send my  data from the encoder to my cy8ckit-043 to check for any errors along with my CRC polynomial. How do I set it up in my PSoC creator. I made a CRC table in PSoc and wrote my polynomial representation too. I am still confused how to check for crc .  I would like to know about the seed value and my polynomial value, what do they generate? How should I send my data stream through di pin on crc?

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

rishabh,

In serial communication it is common to use CRC check by simply summing all bytes in the message packet. The CRC byte is then appended to the message.

This is much faster than polynomial algorithm, and quite sufficient for communication.

Also, check if this example applicable to your case

Quad Decoder with Button Switch component for rotary shaft encoders

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @Rishabh

The seed value to be input depends on the application that you want to develop and regarding how the CRC component works, you can refer to the Functional Description section of the CRC Component Datasheet.

Additionally, you can right-click on the component and select Find Code Example. You can use this example as a reference. Here is a thread that might help too - CRC Component

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

rishabh,

In serial communication it is common to use CRC check by simply summing all bytes in the message packet. The CRC byte is then appended to the message.

This is much faster than polynomial algorithm, and quite sufficient for communication.

Also, check if this example applicable to your case

Quad Decoder with Button Switch component for rotary shaft encoders